Delivery or lack of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
Have any of you lot had a bad experiance with on -line tackle shops?
Last Thursday 24/01/02, i ordered some good from Askari,I thought that 2 days later, the goods would be with me.
no such luck, one week on (yesterday) I rang them to see when the goods would be with me,i was told , "they were despatched on Tuesday but would not be with me till the end of next week".

Is this just a bad personal experiance or am i just impatient?

Stu

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Serves you right for being to lazy to get off that fat a**e of yours n walking to the shop

Alan
You've just been moderated

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
No Stu,
I,ve found Askari bad at delivery, and multiple orders never come complete!
Beware of ordering arsley bombs etc. as their German stuff still have too high a lead content and they can't supply certain weights etc.
An order of Dec 8th was split and the final part took 8 yes 8 weeks!
They also said I could return goods due to late delivery (they are good at returns, any reason including 'don't like' will do). BUT they told me they would keep the money (39.99 in this case ) and put it against next order.
I phoned and the British no. transferred me straight to Silke (nice girl) in Bremen and she agreed to credit my card (it happened within 3 days) arranged for White Arrow to collect goods (came within 5 days at their expense)and the problem was solved.
Also, I won really 'cos the order was originally over 100 and therefore carriage free, but I only ended up with 59 of goods!
Silke told me that they never expected such a response from internet customers (much bigger than in Germany ) and this is where they are striving to get up to speed.
Certainly prices are good and they do have humans to sort out the probs, but the Kent address is just an accomodation address and the goods come from Bremen in N.Germany and will take at least a week.However as I say, some of the prices are worth waiting for and Quality is ok.
argue.gif
Cheers

Ziptrev your resident alcoholic2.gif

Edited by - Ziptrev on 01 February 2002 7:41:38 PM

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
OI Anal Fawcett[ ass.gif

Stu
I'll have you know that name is reserved for my mates thank you very muchly(boy am i looking forward to slapping you on that bold spot at elvington) naughty.gif headbang.gif

Edited by - Trogg on 01 February 2002 9:54:31 PM

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Zippy you have to put two returns between paragraphs. Now newt has asked you once, and you know how angry these americans can get,

BTW did you hear of the American who nearly had brain damage. He stubbed his toe on a stone.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Ah Ha Geoff - so it is to be a duel is it. Well take this!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How many Brit tourists does it take to change a light bulb?

Fifteen. Five to figure out how much the bulb costs in the local currency, four to comment on "how funny-looking" local lightbulbs are, three to hire a local person to change the bulb, two to take pictures, and one to buy postcards in case the pictures don't come out.

And this!!

A Brit was on his honeymoon near his favorite fishing lake and he would fish from dawn to dark with his favorite fishing guide. One day the guide, friend of many years, mentioned that the honeymoon seemed to be spent fishing.

"Yes, but you know how I love to fish..."

"But aren't you newlyweds supposed to be into something else?"

"Yes, but she's got gonorrhea; and you know how I love to fish"

A few hours later, "I understand, but that's not the only way to have sex."

"I know, but she's got diarrhea; and you know how I love to fish..."

The following day: "Sure, but that's still not the only way to have sex."

"Yeah, but she's got phyrrea(*mouth rot*); and you know how I love to fish..."

Late that afternoon, thoroughly frustrated the guide comments, "I guess I'm not sure why you'd marry someone with health problems like that."

"It's 'cause she's also got worms; and you know I just love to fish..."

Newt Vail

Edited by - Newt on 02 February 2002 12:56:41 AM

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Newt,

Looks like you've just scored an 8 out of 10
lol

Dave

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Dang Dave - guess I gotta try a little harder.

It is said that Mohandas Ghandi was asked, "What is your opinion of British civilization?"

His reply: "I think it would be an excellent idea."

Newt Vail

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Colonials doh!
lol

Zip

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trev,

They used to say in London, you could always tell a yankee tourist, but you couldn't tell him much.

Newt, I am glad you have a sense of humour, I don't fancy seeing the American anti terrorist squad on my door step.Best wishes.

My wife accuses me of being a zenophobe, actually I am an Everybodyaphobe.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Larry

Lazarus
Your talking about late delivery ,i ordered from fishermans freind last august, 2 shimano big pit bait runner;s,1 shimano carp quiver holdall & 6 rod sleeve's. I rang them last week shimano had just sent them the 2 reel's &the quiver holdall, but no rod sleeves,what's up wtih Shimano don't they the want the order's then.! it's making me think it's the last time i order shimano tackle, although i like shimano tackle.mind you i ought to have been warned when it took them 6mth's to send a spare spool for 6010 bait runner i bought 3 yr's ago.

Cheer's Larry

Larry

Lazarus
Newt,
very good rhyme.
But the way way my wife is performing these day's moaning all the time. I can't do a thing right for her,She say's there's only 2 thing's wrong with men ,& they are (everything we do,&everything we say!)she's going through the Menopause at the moment.She keep's mentioning the dreaded D-WORD all the time. I don't need any excuse's to go fishing, hoh for the quiet of the pool or riverside,Can't wait until i'm well enough to go again.I can't even go & drown my sorrow's in drink because the tablet's i'm on forbid alcohol.Well never mind only another 2 mth's of them to take then hopefully i'll be ok to go fishing&drinking again.

Cheer's Larry

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Larry,
Nice to hear from you again and hope to see you at Izaaks on 30th if not before!
Suggest you may be slating Shimano wrongly! Try contacting them direct!
It may well be that Fishermans Friend (collecting your monthly Acct. money)have no need to see the balance dwindle, by passing on orders!
Where I deal, Shimano have an overnight delivery service for orders before 3pm with the firm and I've not had to wait more than acouple o days!
Perhaps the wife has had a word at the tackle shop! "Dont supply stuff and he can get on with the D jobs "lol

Hope it works out

thumbsup.gif

Trev

Larry

Lazarus
Ziptrev,i'm not paying anything at moment on my account so it's in the tackle shop's interest to hurry them up a bit.Yes i'm going to issaac walton's on the 30th of march all bieng well so i'll see you there.

Cheer's Larry

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hey Stu,

Have you got you stuff yet, how's the sounder box
??

Dave

Edited by - Dave on 07 February 2002 09:22:53 AM

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Oops Larry,
Praising Shimano and learnt yesterday that they're out of stock on a couple of Technium Pole Sections I ordered!
Delivery , not before 2 weeks!
Wrong again!Sorry!

Mild form of the Zippy curse?

Cheers

Trev

Larry

Lazarus
you mentioning Shimano Ziptrev rang fisherman's friend late on tuesday theyv'e had 2parts of my order come in the reels &quiver holdall so i told them to post them to me,recieved them today thur's so i think that's brilliant 1 day for delivery.So maybe my luck's is changing.

Cheer's Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.