Decs down on Sunday

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
According to my missus the tree and decorations can come down on Sunday - 12 days before Xmas to go up, 12 days after to come down

Any sooner or later is unlucky - is that so ?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I must have married your gerts sister. Same here Dave. My mum is the same.

Total

Site Supporter
I'll let you know about the bad luck bit......Took ours down today......:oops:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I like to get them up first weekend of December to make a bit of an event out of Christmas but I’d have them down before new year if I could be bothered, the moments gone by then so to speak but they always end up still up into January. Seems way more faff putting them away than putting them up .

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Ours down today. Traditionally you should have them down by 12th night (6th January, the Epiphany) otherwise it's meant to be bad luck.

feldri

Site Supporter
I never put any up.
[/QUOTE

Me neither, last time I took mine down I put them in an old suitcase and into the shed at the bottom of the yard, Been there 15 years, haven't missed em.

Simon R

Site Supporter
January 6th is 12th night so you got a couple of days yet
Half of ours came down today, rest tomorrow

Simon

nejohn

Site Supporter
Ours were down on New year's Eve and safely packed in the loft

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Same here im yet decided to where to go with my Little Black friend ;) Down The Trent or a coastal walk :unsure:

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
According to my missus the tree and decorations can come down on Sunday - 12 days before Xmas to go up, 12 days after to come down

Any sooner or later is unlucky - is that so ?

My grandmother was a stickler for it, if anything bad happened within the first few weeks of the year after the xmas decs had come down she'd have my grandad up the stepladders etc checking the tops of cupboards, the grandmother clock and even inside the lampshades just to make sure no tiny bit of decoration was left...... it was from when she was a child and everyone believed that any decorations left after the 12th night would be inhabited by an evil spirit or mischevious imp who would spend the year causing trouble in the household!

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Albert knows he’s on for a day out with me whilst our Gert rids the house of tinsel, trees and Santa’s, I get the feeling he is trying to let me know he aint forgot ?
911B70B3-FA29-4091-9615-2CB1D37EE8B8.jpeg