Decided to join a club

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Been getting fed up the last few weeks. Days when I can get out fishing for a few hours, the local commercials have been booked up for open matches & the times don't really fit in with my job. Took the plunge today & joined my local Port Sunlight Angling Club. Cost me £55 plus £10 joining fee but I've easily paid this with £8 or £7 entrance fees to the commies already this year!
They have 12 decent ponds, a link with Huyton DAA so access to stretches of the River Dee & Shropshire Union canal.
I might not bag up with big carp all day but some of the ponds are 20 pegs & hold some decent tench plus all the usual species.
Be nice to be able to go early morning instead of waiting for the commercials to open at 8am. Some lovely looking waters.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Lots of lovely looking ponds there. (y)
Yeah - some of them are a bit of a walk so I'll need to sort out my gear & travel lighter. The terrain doesn't really suit a fully loaded trolley. However some of them have parking right alongside with easy access. Lots to choose from!

Zerkalo

Travelling light is half the fun sometimes, I always tend to do better on those kind of sessions for some reason too. Good luck. I wanna join a club for some Tench!

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Good luck Landlord. It will take you a while to experience all they have to offer. I must admit I’m a bit envious.

frankg

Site Supporter
Yeah - some of them are a bit of a walk so I'll need to sort out my gear & travel lighter. The terrain doesn't really suit a fully loaded trolley. However some of them have parking right alongside with easy access. Lots to choose from!

I'm in the Sunlight.....nice waters You should enjoy some good fishing on them. If you want to be almost guaranteed to catch...try the Firemans :)

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I'm in the Sunlight.....nice waters You should enjoy some good fishing on them. If you want to be almost guaranteed to catch...try the Firemans :)
Yeah thanks Frank. I remembered you were a member. Mate had a 5lb tench from the Firemans yesterday. Probably my first port of call as the parking is so close to the water.

frankg

Site Supporter
Yeah parking is good....and the other ponds aren't that far to walk.