Decent weekend commercial fishing

Benny_01

does anybody know of any decent commercials that you can pleasure fish on a weekend around wigan and surrounding areas?

Done partridge a few times but its like a rat race trying to get a peg. Its good fishing but when you rock up at 6:45am and there are 50 cars already queuing up outside it puts a bit of a dampener on your day from the off.. and then theres the racing to your peg when you actually get in.. it puts me off.

Everywhere decent is booked up with matches on a weekend.

Gaz9243

Site Supporter
Wrightington fisheries, Harry’s fishery, orcherton, or high Hayes (catteries) all are ok.
Which side of Wigan are you?

brokenpole

im in orrell. I tried wrightington a few Sundays back and it was full with matches
Gaz is right all good but matches are the problem - give high heys (catterries)a ring open match on lakes 3a and b but maybe No matches on lakes 1and 2- I am in orrell i was on fir tree at appley bride yesterday again give them a ring 're matches also I am a regular at hall lane Rufford there will be matches on but there are loads of pegs there again worth a ring.

Benny_01

Gaz is right all good but matches are the problem - give high heys (catterries)a ring open match on lakes 3a and b but maybe No matches on lakes 1and 2- I am in orrell i was on fir tree at appley bride yesterday again give them a ring 're matches also I am a regular at hall lane Rufford there will be matches on but there are loads of pegs there again worth a ring.

Yeah hall lane is brilliant. I was there a few weeks ago on a friday, i think I'm going to go this Friday again. Me and my dad go on sundays so its nice to get decent pegs next to each other. I'll ask at hall lane on friday but failing that I'll have a ring round. Thanks

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Widdows Flash in Hindley,
There used to one behind a large garden centre in Orrell.
Spring View in Hindley.
German Lane Fishery.
Beacon View near Appley Bridge,
Fir Tree Fishery.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Depends on how far you want to travel when you say surrounding areas,
Three have been mentioned around Warrington area, I would say that's around 25 mins depending on traffic, another mentioned is near Middlewich I would say that's nearer to 50 mins travelling time

Benny_01

Yeah all the fisheries look and sound good. I've fished quite a few of them. Its more getting on a decent 1 on a weekend, they are all full with matches ha. I might need to bite the bullet and be pools fodder for a bit and get on some matches haha.

I'm thinking of joining a club next year so hopefully i won't have an issue.

Does anybody know of any decent clubs around us.

Depends on how far you want to travel when you say surrounding areas,
Three have been mentioned around Warrington area, I would say that's around 25 mins depending on traffic, another mentioned is near Middlewich I would say that's nearer to 50 mins travelling time

I don't mind travelling for 45 minutes tbh.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Yeah all the fisheries look and sound good. I've fished quite a few of them. Its more getting on a decent 1 on a weekend, they are all full with matches ha. I might need to bite the bullet and be pools fodder for a bit and get on some matches haha.

I'm thinking of joining a club next year so hopefully i won't have an issue.

Does anybody know of any decent clubs around us.

I don't mind travelling for 45 minutes tbh.
Try Lloyd's Meadow at Frodsham,
No need for fishery own pellets as long as you have coppens or skrettings feed pellets if you use them. Also there is Cat Rough around the corner.

Benny_01

Try Lloyd's Meadow at Frodsham,
No need for fishery own pellets as long as you have coppens or skrettings feed pellets if you use them. Also there is Cat Rough around the corner.

Do they normally have room on a weekend?

Went to wrightington yesterday on the top pond (Rivington view) fished rubbish literally no body caught so I'll defo be going somewhere tomorrow to make up for it.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Do they normally have room on a weekend?

Went to wrightington yesterday on the top pond (Rivington view) fished rubbish literally no body caught so I'll defo be going somewhere tomorrow to make up for it.
Yep have room at Lloyd's , I have fished Rivington view on Wrightington, found it switches on around 4pm but can be very peggy.
Fir Tree usually has room, Widdows flash is a decent water.

robwigan

I went to sycamore the other Sunday in Golborne and will be going again tomorrow so I’m hoping there’s no match, I have had to turn away a few times though due to being full up on a Sunday match at a few venues