decent waggler rod !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcdd1

has anyone any suggestions for a decent waggler rod 10ft 11ft ?

tag

Garbolino if you're on a tight budget, otherwise one of the many Drennan rods according to your requirements.
Good luck!

ljm183

carbonactive mini 11ft 130
garbolino rocket waggler 10ft 32
very little difference between the two
for the price you cant beat the garbolino

Cooky

i have a Garbo KNOCKOUT WAGGLER 10' excellent rods for the money

dcdd1

i actualy had a garbolino knockout 10ft and used twice now damaged i tightened handle onto reelseat and as i went to undo part of the threads stayed on handle so cant remove reel at moment so i will say be care tightened rod handle onto reelseat great rods yes and action is great too only watch the handle undoing to anyone who has one of these what about 'Middy The works rod' anyone got one of these and do they recommend?

Dogsbody

I bought a Middy "The Works" waggler rod for one of my lads, it is one of the 13ft ones that is rated to 10lb line. Its great for taming big fish, but there is no finesse in the blank at all, its as stiff as a poker!
personally I prefer my Drennan series 7 carp waggler combo 11'6"-13", strength when its neded but forgiving on the strike due to the soft tip. It will hit bites from Roach and Crucians but can also handle carp to 16lb

Genus9

We've just taken delivery of some 10' float rods,

John Wilson stalker 10'

They're a 3 piece rod with ultra slim blanks, a lovely through action and goes out for 25,

I've had one to see if it'll work in the pellet waggler,

dcdd1

so what is that john wilson like as a pellet waggler can it also hold carp to 20lbs?

dcdd1

can you let me know what these john wilson are like,as a waggler ?

Genus9

I haven't had the chance to try it yet mate as the bloody wind won't seem to ease,

I'm going Decoy today so let's hope the wind is in My favour then the rod will get used,

As for holding a 20lber I won't know unless I find one, but at the mo the lumps are all in the edge.

chrishorobin

Shakespeare Mach 3XT 11' cracking rod !! if you search around you can pick them up for about 55 now. Well worth 55 IMO

dcdd1

Genus9 lets know what thats like please and that shakespear sounds ok ?need something through action and can handle everything

dcdd1

just got one of these Shakespeare Mach 3XT 11'Waggler after all the decent reviews on these,anyone got one?havent tried this yet

Shez

I've got 2 of the Shakey Mach 3's, amazing rod for the money, especially if you can find one for 55..... I might get a third one at that price!
They take a bit of getting used to, after being used to longer waggler rods for over 20 years, due to the shorter handle but it's usually the first thing I set up now on commercial lakes, had Carp pushing 8lb no problems but can easily fish for 6oz roach using one too.

ljm183

carbonactive mini 11ft 2 piece/spro redarc/6lb line = 20lb 4oz mirror last week

Panzer_Attack

I can highly recommend the 10ft Garbolino Rocket Carp Waggler rod. Bought one for the kids to use, but ended up using it myself. Had carp to over 12 pound on it and felt confident it could handle even bigger weights. I only paid 27.99 from my local tackle shop and wasn't expecting much from it, but it's proved to me that you don't have to spend big money on something when things like this will do the job for a fraction of the price

Status
Not open for further replies.