Decathlon

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Used their groundbait for a while, for the money it's not bad. So just been online to stock up, quite a lot out of stock, but managed to bag a few big bags, free postage over £50, and it is quite hard to spend that much on groundbait, but in the end I ended up with over 40kg and some bottles of additives for just over £50, bargain.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
I've been promoting this stuff on the forum for a while now, And for £8.99 / 9.5KG you really, really cannot go wrong so I don't want to sound like I'm knocking it at all because I'm not and I continue to use it mainly to this day but I've been noticing a real difference in my catch rate using more expensive, branded GB's sold in tackle shops. That doesn't warrant me paying £5.99 / 2KG every time I want to fish my local water but I'll be opting for more expensive GB's on special days out and matches however.

CarpCatcher86

I wouldn't bother to be honest, especially when you can get a good range of the Dynamite Baits products for similar money, or the same money in some cases. £5.99 for a 2kg bag of Dynamite Baits big fish groundbait compared to £2.99 for a kg bag of Decathlon's own brand groundbait. Dynamite Baits carp and marine halibut pellets and boilies are roughly the same price as Decathlon's own brand too.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
I wouldn't bother to be honest, especially when you can get a good range of the Dynamite Baits products for similar money, or the same money in some cases. £5.99 for a 2kg bag of Dynamite Baits big fish groundbait compared to £2.99 for a kg bag of Decathlon's own brand groundbait. Dynamite Baits carp and marine halibut pellets and boilies are roughly the same price as Decathlon's own brand too.
Wouldn't use their boilies, and I buy the Dynamite pellets from them rather than the own brand. The groundbait is a medium to attract, not feed, and biscuit and breadcrumb is cheap there, just add other stuff, hemp or aniseed oil, or ground aniseed/flax/corriander from horse feed shops, a hell of a lot cheaper.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I tried this groundbait a few times on @RedRidingHood's kind suggestion. Well, one 10kg of the 'normal' stuff and 5x 1kg of the river stuff. I had good results on using it for Bream mixed with other groundbait and found the river groundbait had the sticky consistency required as a carrier. It's not the nicest smelling groundbait to me though, smells a bit like stale biscuits if I remember right, and so I have gone back to using mostly Sonubaits and other branded groundbaits too.