DEATH TO THE THEIVING SCUM!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jduck1979

John D
Those of you who've been round here long enough will probably recall back in September 2005 my Dad's shop got robbed of 35 by a highly intelligent thief who was kind enough to park his car across the road with his number plate in full view..........

........ well this afternoon had another "incident", shortly before it was time to start getting ready for the weekly trip to the Cash&Carry in Scarborough.
First up, my Dad was in a flap because the back door key to his shop had gone missing from the lock, so spent 10-15mins looking for it and couldn't find it despite looking everywhere......... then just before it was time to set off I suddenly realised my Nintendo DS + Nokia N-Gage had gone missing from about just over arms length from me computer - 282.96 (when new) of my stuff gone missing (including the 2 game carts in the DS).

All presumably gone on while I'd gone into Whitby to get a new Tax Disc for my Dad's car for tomorrow (next time he can bloody well go get it himself!)............. Anyone fancy a spot of nobhead hunting? [}:)]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hopefully you've secured the door with more than the lock in case the toe-rag returns with the key ?

If you're stuck for a quick security fix, screw a couple or three 4 inch screws through the door into the frame from the inside as a temporary measure

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
Do as Dave says but check for water pipes first[;)]

Bloody scum, they'll sell em for **** all as well[:(!]

jduck1979

John D
Originally posted by Dave

Hopefully you've secured the door with more than the lock in case the toe-rag returns with the key ?

If you're stuck for a quick security fix, screw a couple or three 4 inch screws through the door into the frame from the inside as a temporary measure

Got it fairly secured........... my Dad's hammered the bolt on the inside at the bottom shut (a pretty hefty old fashioned style one), and piled a sh*tload of stuff behind it, then gone out through the front.

Can't do the trick with the screws 'cos still haven't replaced the drill my Dad blew-up the other week dealing with the gate post.

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Seriously, if it's just secured by a bolt at the bottom of the door I'd be inclined to sleep in the shop tonight until you can have the lock replaced

If you do have a break in and the insurers find that the key had previously been stolen and the lock not replaced you'd no have a leg to stand on with regards to a claim

jduck1979

John D
If they do come back, they're likely to be in for a very nasty surprise, since I'm usually still sat here 'til 5 or 6am anyway.... usually wearing more black than an SAS commando ('cos I refuse to wear any other colour on the basis that I don't wanna look like a puff) + I could do with something to hit right now.

The real fun part is I only get 118 a fortnight (unemployment benefit) and me bank accounts currently 270 into me overdraft limit :(

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
You've lost me on the last bit - you're working for your dad but on unemployment benefit???

What's the "fun bit" ?

jduck1979

John D

You've lost me on the last bit - you're working for your dad but on unemployment benefit???

What's the "fun bit" ?

Don't work for him, just do the occasional odd job like taking money to the bank for him or getting the tax disc for the car from the post office for him while he's stuck in the shop........ can't afford to employ me thanks to a combination of the bank charging him for every little thing they can think of on the business account, a load of credit card debt built-up while my Mum was repeatedly going in & out of hospital for treatment on her brain tumours (1992 - 2003.... 6 brain operations during that time before she finally died) + various other stuff.

the "fun bit" was mean't to be an attempt at sarcasm.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Oh, okay [:)]

Regards the bank - tell him to check out switching to other banks such as The Abbey (not my favourite but one that does offer some good banking deals), or even the Yorkshire Bank - don't pay charges unless you've really got to [;)]
It's a doddle nowadays to swithc and they'll even do most of the work for you

jduck1979

John D

Oh, okay [:)]

Regards the bank - tell him to check out switching to other banks such as The Abbey (not my favourite but one that does offer some good banking deals), or even the Yorkshire Bank - don't pay charges unless you've really got to [;)]
It's a doddle nowadays to swithc and they'll even do most of the work for you

He tried escaping to Alliance & Leicester earlier this year, but they wouldn't accept him 'cos of the Credit card debt [V]

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Hi', JDuck,

If you feel or know that your Dad has been overcharged in
receiving letters from the Bank or Visa Cards,
I believe you can now claim some of the overcharging from
the Bank, backdated.

Harry.

glenn

Account Locked
do what a mate of mine did wired his mobile car servicing van to the mains when a 15 year old tried to break in blasted him into the garage gates while he was lying there he stamped on him a few times over the top maybe but he never came back i agree crosbow bolt through the temple just for balance you understand.

jduck1979

John D
just got sat back down here after me Dad thought he saw one of the little git's lurking around the village again about 1hr 45mins ago (just when I was finally getting a bit of sleep from pulling an all-nighter).... Police have been going up & down the village (yes, actually doing some work for once that doesn't involve speed traps) but been quiet for the last 30mins.

Carp-Freeek

' Shorty '
can you find out where theyre from if you've got theyre registration?

If u do you should have fun kickin sh*t out of him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.