Dear Deliveroo / Uber Eats Drivers...

Chervil

Site Supporter
Give it a few years and I can see people going to supermarkets to shop going the same way as most banking and moving online almost completely.
My wife liked walking around the shop and wouldn't have dreamt of using online shopping. Then I got Covid in February and we couldn't get out, so used Tesco online delivery. My wife was a changed person and realised that the cost of £7 a month was well worth it and means we don't waste about one and a half to two hours a week doing the 'big' shop.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
We used click and collect a lot last year as well, still do now and again for the convenience and so we don't have to walk around the big store mingling with the hundreds of fake mask exemptions and can't be arsed ones.
My mates son quit his job at a well known parcel/courier warehouse a coupleof weeks ago because none of the EEs were wearing masks, they all have sunflower lanyards on.

He kicked off at the managers cos they are coughing and sneezing all over stuff as it moves along the conveyors and the supervisors are doing nothing about it.

The managers told him they can't do anything because they aren't allowed to ask what makes them exempt, so he quit because he didn't want to risk taking it home to his mum and dad.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I had a go at Screwfix customer services a while ago for the same reason - a local shop had massive notices on the doors and protection screens and did nothing to stop the richard heads from coming in

The Landlord

Site Supporter
We used click and collect a lot last year as well, still do now and again for the convenience and so we don't have to walk around the big store mingling with the hundreds of fake mask exemptions and can't be arsed ones.
Amazing how many people are exempt. :rolleyes:
We don't have to challenge them, that's down to the police if they come in. We just write "exempt" against their name on the register to cover ourselves.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I don`t mind shopping but then I`m retired, all the proper greengrocers have gone I hope the butchers don`t follow.

As many know the tomatoes from Spain and the Canary islands are now tasteless rubbish, I saw on the telly how they are not even
grown in soil, they used to be so sweet and tangy. Had some Canary isle spuds today and might as well eaten cardboard, they were
not even dirty, perhaps they are now grown in plastic beads or suchlike as well.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
The tramps nibble on the meals they are delivering round here. See them many time pulling chips out while walking to their cars etc. It needs sorting as they just dump cars anywhere while they run into the shops.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
The tramps nibble on the meals they are delivering round here. See them many time pulling chips out while walking to their cars etc. It needs sorting as they just dump cars anywhere while they run into the shops.
I noticed at McDonalds they have special stickers they put on the delivery meals, they fold the bag and put stickers on in three different places, would make it very difficult to sneak a fry out... That said, I've never felt the need to use these people and can't see me using them in the future.

The parking though... terrible.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
None of the people, vehicles, the bags they put the food in, the drivers personal hygene, are monitored - why on earth would you use a service that could in effect deliver your food having been exposed to all sorts of germs and bacteria before you eat it?

Nope, if I want take-out I go buy and collect it and even then from a select few places

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I noticed at McDonalds they have special stickers they put on the delivery meals, they fold the bag and put stickers on in three different places, would make it very difficult to sneak a fry out... That said, I've never felt the need to use these people and can't see me using them in the future.

The parking though... terrible.
Hopefully that’ll catch on round here
And like you I’ll never use them. If I ever order takeaway I go and get it myself. I want it hot not when the driver decides to turn up

baboboy

Site Supporter
Amazing how many people are exempt. :rolleyes:
We don't have to challenge them, that's down to the police if they come in. We just write "exempt" against their name on the register to cover ourselves.
Mrs C’s Asthma has become more unstable over the last year. She has an exemption lanyard. It’s funny how many people don’t wear masks. I hate to say this but it’s usually a certain type of person that doesn’t wear a mask alright you’ve forced my hand chavs.

ginger

Site Supporter
Mrs C’s Asthma has become more unstable over the last year. She has an exemption lanyard. It’s funny how many people don’t wear masks. I hate to say this but it’s usually a certain type of person that doesn’t wear a mask alright you’ve forced my hand chavs.
My wife is classed as vulnerable and, among other problems, she has asthma. She could claim exemption but given the number of selfish individuals around she always wears a mask when out and is willing to suffer the discomfort. She will not even consider a holiday at the present time so my fishing holiday in Lincolnshire is up the spout!

nejohn

Site Supporter
I have mild asthma and if I wanted could probably get an exemption cert, but I don't as I really don't think I need one, however wearing a mask does become uncomfortable after a while as you have to try that little bit harder to breath consequently I head outside when this happens to take the mask off, hence any shopping trips are not to places with large covered malls, I won't be going to those until all mask restrictions are lifted. However you do get a certain type of person that just will not wear one, I was in Glasgow a few weeks ago and had forgotten to take a charging cable for my headphones, HMV was just down the road from the hotel so I thought I would go in there and get one, a group of about 5 youths (late teens/early 20's) went in before me, the security guy asked the 1st one to wear a mask his reply was I have asthma, he then got the same reply from the other 4 .? I then turned around and looked for the nearest curry's