Deadbaits for big perch

Status
Not open for further replies.

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
Hi
I'm considering using deadbaits for the first time for perch, are gudgeon any good? Any others? Also what tactics or setup should i use to catch them?
Thanks muchly
[8D]The percher[8D]

TINY

Tiny
Theres a piece of River round here that I fish with a waggler and something called Whitebait.[:)]
A bag of Whitebait will cost about 90p from the fishmongers and there is hundreds of them.[:)]Brilliant to use on stillwaters for big Perch as well[:D]Good luck!

Andy.

iobrien2002

Paddy
1 of the best deadbaits for a perch is dace.
hook it on a size 8 normal hook to 6 lb line

I.O'Brien

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Although I took my PB perch on a deadbait I think live bait will out score deads any day for Perch. The exception to this may be on a river where you can trot a deadbait. Perch can take far bigger fish than you would think. I would suggest a silver fish like roach, rudd or dace before a gudgeon. Thats why white bait can be so good on a river plus theres a chance of chub to.

chill out go fishing

martin.

Account Locked
before mark says try having a look on archie braddocks site he does a lot of dead baiting for perch mark will probably put a link up

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

dave k

forget the live/deadbaits.......nice juicy lob worms that what catches[;)] at least it worked for one of our members today. over 29lb of perch in less than 4 hours all caught on a nice lobby 9 of them going over 2lb two of them were 2lb 8oz fish

just a few of the fish

Dave Kennedy
http://usscangling.cjb.net

joe1987

'Darwener'
What river was that dave??? Great ouse or sumthin? Looks top.

Get them rods bent, get them reels screamin', get fishin!
Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

dave k

it is a little brook no more than 5 mts wide.....if anyone has a copy of marchs IYCF go to page 119 to read a revue of the water. and no not the ouse.

Dave Kennedy
http://usscangling.cjb.net

angler-mark

As Martin mentioned, Archie does a lot of Perch fishing and last season had a great total of Perch with over 70 fish over the 3lbs mark. His fish came from the Trent and Derwent and were caught using worm or livebaits. He had a great one not long ago that was 3lbs-9ozs. Have a look on his Diary pages on his web site which also explains some of the methods he uses to catch them. Here is a link to his site. [:)]
www.braddocksbaits.co.uk

Tight Lines

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.