dead mags

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANJIEJON

my local lake is fishing its head off for big slabs at the momment i would like to use maggots and ground bait to hold them ,how do u kill maggots so they dont bury in the bottom also it seems you have to put out a lot of bait to attract them wat is a good mix to use thats not to expensive. thanks jon[:)]

smoke me a kipper ill be back for breakfast

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
I love using dead maggies, I get rid of all the rubbish they come in, put em in them clear placcie bags, add a little flavouring in the bag if you want and give them a good shake, then put them in the freezer. I find this to be he best way to kill em

J.Tolley

Apache

Yeah, only remembee to take them out within an hour or so

Tight Lines,

Datafile4.asp

Datafile4.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.comPinkieDrowner's Forum (Under 18's only) - http://www.maggotdrowning.com/younguns

scales

Vinny
The quickest way is to clean them off first then cover them with hot tap water (not boiling from the kettle) there you have instant dead maggots !!

cheers,

Vinny,

Datafile4.asp

Every angler knows his Plaice.

matt

Site Supporter
If you want dead maggots on the bank then just pour a bit of coffee from your flask on them and then drain off quickly. Remember to keep the dead mags moist otherwise they will stretch and turn white[:)]

HEY DUDE............
afro.gif

MALC

quote:Originally posted by ANJIEJON

how do u kill maggots so they dont bury in the bottom also it seems you have to put out a lot of bait to attract them wat is a good mix to use thats not to expensive. thanks jon[:)]

For bulk feed instead of dead maggots try boiling a couple of pints of Long Grain Rice (so much cheaper than using dead maggots and it takes colours and flavours with out a problem) and it works.[;)]

As for a cheap groundbait if you buy the following
Layers mash or Turkey pellets
Brown Crumb
Fishmeal
in 20/25kg sacks from feed merchants you'll get plenty of bait for a small outlay.

The 3 sacks above work out at a total cost of 32.50 for 65kg

Compare that to 3 per 1kg bag of continental groundbait.[;)][;)]

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.