Day tickets and rods

Simon R

Site Supporter
There's five of them Alan, Andy, Alistair, Anthony and Archie - parents never got beyond the letter A in the baby-naming book :p :p :p

Simon

D

Deleted member 24902

Sounds like it was discribed to you very poorly, to lead you to be confused.

You need a day ticket (and rod licence) to cover the number of rods "fishing" simultaniously. "fishing" is USUALLY defind as having a hook attached and in the water, so you can have as many rods setup on the bank; the hook attached part is important as spod/marker rods are not covered by this, both for day tickets and licences, given you cant catch with them so you can use them alongside your "fishing" rods.

From the Gov webite:

Rods that are not affected by licence limits​

The following rods are not affected by licence limits unless they have hooks attached:

• spod rods (used to propel bait into water)
  • marker rods (used to mark out lines)

BarryS

Gone fishing
Bolshy bailiffs..........I used to go to a trout fishery in Devon where the bailiff... an older ex-navy man would tell us off if we hadn't had a shave that morning :)
A great character!

W

Whitty

Lol,spellchecker and me not checking it,perhaps I should have as my name is Alan eh,lol...

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
I have encountered a fishery that attempted such nonsense. They wanted extra money for spod and marker rods. I was there for a look around and witnessed the bemused reaction of the angler concerned. I never found out whether it was an ill informed bailiff, or one that was lining his own pockets. I never returned to fish the place concerned. Plenty of folks do fish the place, so I doubt that such BS is current policy.

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
I would be beggared if I am paying for two rods when only one is in the water at any one time. As for a rod being in a rod bag well how do they charge if your fishing a pole and have 5 top kits set up ? I reckon whoever you spole to on reception doesn't actually know a lot about fishing.
I think he rang a golf club😂

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
They'll be charging me a fortune with all my running line rods being stuck in the opposite trees then!....:deal:.... "Kerchinnngggg!":help:

You wouldn’t be casting into the trees if you weren’t busy kissing and canoodling lady anglers Mark. Put her down and concentrate on your fishing for once. 🤣🤣

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I once was asked who’s was the extra rod I had set up next to me. Poor lass who was taking the day ticket money had no idea anglers had more than one rod. 🤣🤣