Day tickets and rods

Andaway!

Hi
Just started up again after more time than I care to remember having retired recently. Lots has changed!
My question is about paying day ticket rates for one/two rods. Fundamentally, is two rods classed as if they're:
1) Both set up and being used
2) Both set up but only one being used at any given time
3) Having two rods, one in use and one still in the rod bag out of use

I've just had an interesting chat with a waters reception that seemed to imply any of the above leads to a two rod charge.

To be honest, 2) is my preferred set up - I don't have the skills to have two sets of tackle in the water at the same time.

Thanks

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Only need to pay for 2 if using 2 at once as far I’ve been aware. Never used really two at once so have almost always paid for one and never been told I had to pay more for others I’ve had set up.

Paul.P

If your only going to be actually using one rod to fish with during the session, even though you may have more set up, then you should only be paying for one rod. Generally, the two rods would be for the carp boys with there buzzers.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you are only fishing with 1 rod at a time you just need a single day ticket, regardless of the number of rods set up.

2 rod ticket if they're both in use at the same time.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I would be beggared if I am paying for two rods when only one is in the water at any one time. As for a rod being in a rod bag well how do they charge if your fishing a pole and have 5 top kits set up ? I reckon whoever you spole to on reception doesn't actually know a lot about fishing.

Total

Site Supporter
Hi
Just started up again after more time than I care to remember having retired recently. Lots has changed!
My question is about paying day ticket rates for one/two rods. Fundamentally, is two rods classed as if they're:

I've just had an interesting chat with a waters reception that seemed to imply any of the above leads to a two rod charge.

To be honest, 2) is my preferred set up - I don't have the skills to have two sets of tackle in the water at the same time.

Thanks
Welcome to MD's....;)

Find another water/venue....(y)....Plenty of decent venues about who actually want you to spend YOUR money with them....Life is too short for such nonsense...(y)

nejohn

Site Supporter
Bloody hell if I am going for a full days fishing on that commie it could cost me a fortune as I may have 2 waggler rods, a feeder rod, a bomb rod, a pole and possibly a whip all set up however only one would be in the water at any time and I would fully expect to only pay for a one rod ticket.....if they asked for anything else it would be my one and only visit to that water

Total

Site Supporter
I would be beggared if I am paying for two rods when only one is in the water at any one time. As for a rod being in a rod bag well how do they charge if your fishing a pole and have 5 top kits set up ? I reckon whoever you spole to on reception doesn't actually know a lot about fishing.
You might have to pay for a swimming ticket at this venue by the sounds of it Kev?:oops:

Andaway!

Thanks for these speedy responses - tbh that's what I thought as it makes perfect sense! Maybe it's just this particular venue that has a different perspective on it! I'll pay for single rod use with two set up as I have been doing and see if I get banned for life (as it says on their rule list!).

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
@Total I would just go into stealth mode Mark. :D

Honestly can you imagine a match at Andaway's lake a day ticket for each per topkit + Waggler Rod + Feeder Rod + Pellet Waggler + Cupping Kit and probably per each plummet in your seatbox ! :D

Total

Site Supporter
@Total I would just go into stealth mode Mark. :D

Honestly can you imagine a match at Andaway's lake a day ticket for each per topkit + Waggler Rod + Feeder Rod + Pellet Waggler + Cupping Kit and probably per each plummet in your seatbox ! :D
I was just imagining me having the same conversation as our Andaway at his venue's 'reception'.....:oops::ROFLMAO: ...."Two rod ticket?....Good luck with that one!...":giggle:

scuttster

Site Supporter
Hi

Thanks
Paying for 2 rods would mean 2 lines in the water at the same time. Shouldn't matter how many rods or poles (even top kits) you have taken with you. The charge should be for the maximum lines you have in the water at any one time.

Therefore in the case of your preferred setup then you should only be paying for a single rod.

Also it maybe worth investigating local clubs for if you are intending on regularly pleasure fishing if you are looking to save some cash. Join a club for say £90 that could be the equivalent of 9 day ticket session but for as many trips as you like to those club waters and they would have multiple waters to choose from.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Sounds like you’ve either misinterpreted what they’ve said or they’ve made a botched attempt at explaining what they mean.

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
I would get re-clarification from the venue. In the Game fishing world the term "2 rods" means 2 people fishing with 1 rod each, so 2 day tickets are required.

Total

Site Supporter
I would get re-clarification from the venue. In the Game fishing world the term "2 rods" means 2 people fishing with 1 rod each, so 2 day tickets are required.
Trust the gaming fraternity to complicate things!;):p:ROFLMAO:

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Back to the OP. Paying for unused rods, made up or not is a load of tosh. If you only use one rod at a time but have ten set up unused then that is still only 1 rod.

W

Whitty

Imagine Andy Scotthorne turning up with 3 poles,6 whips,3 float rods,8 feeder rods and a pellet waggler,he would have to go to the Halifax for a mortgage...or a loan from Sandra,at 37.6% apr...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I used to fish proctors park and the bailiff was the owners son. He used to do the rounds on a little Honda 50 (I’m now expecting a nostalgia hijack) and he was a really obnoxious little brat. I first met him when I had 2 rods out and he demanded a second day ticket. I apologised, telling him that I would take one of the rods out, which I duly did. He then told me to put the rod away because he thought I would use it as soon as he left. I told him to shove it (or words to that effect), packed up and left. I heard later that someone the following week had thrown him, and his motorbike into the lake.

Total

Site Supporter
Imagine Andy Scotthorne turning up with 3 poles,6 whips,3 float rods,8 feeder rods and a pellet waggler,he would have to go to the Halifax for a mortgage...or a loan from Sandra,at 37.6% apr...
Has Mr Scotthorne changed his Christian name by deed poll recently?:unsure::whistle: