Day Ticket River stretches around York

Status
Not open for further replies.

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
O.k Being a Lancashire hotpot with a Girlfriend who lives in York i was wondering if anyone could give me some Information on some decent River fishing around York or surrounding areas, i like the old Barbel and chub and any information, maps, telephone numbers on hotspots would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance [8D]

Datafile2.gif
Happiness is playin wif yer rod

Dave Moore

Paste King
Al...

Being a Yorkie, I will get the ball rolling for you...

Have a look at the York and Leeds AA books you can get day tickets on all the waters contained in these from any of the local York Tackle Shops...

Heres a couple of my favourites which is what you are really looking for a recommendation...

Boston Spa which is just through Tadcaster on the River Wharfe controlled on day ticket by the Lower Wharfe Angling Centre, a friendly bunch they will put you on a fish or two...

Myton on Swale this is located North of York off the A19, if memory serves over towards Helperby, The fishery is controlled by Myton Grange Farm (next door to Morrisons Mansion from the supermarket chain) and they run an Honesty box its only 3 for a day, no fishing before 7am, if you are up that way you could have a look at Topcliffe this is the famous Black Bull strech but unfortunatley it is now syndicated, however if you stand on the road bridge and feed bread crust upstream you will get the monster chub and barbel feeding and taking free offerings, no good for fishing but great to see...

Hope this helps...

DaveM

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Then you have Tadcaster itself. The stretch on the left bank below the road bridge is dayticket and these are available from the papershop.
As Dave said a Leeds book will open up many opportunities and to be honest the 25.00? it costs would be worth it compared to daytickets as it also opens up many stretches of the Ouse (Widdington Manor, Aldwarke, Nunmonkton, Niddmouth, etc) which are not day ticket plus water such as Helperby and Topcliffe on the Swale. Then you have other river stretches such as Nidd, Wharfe and various stillwaters. Good value when all things taken into account

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.