Day Out With Neil Cancelled

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
My apologies but as you will know recent unexpected events have made it a sensible choice to cancel this get together. I now cannot drive for six weeks and thus it is impractical for me to try and run the day. I will rearrange for the Spring when hopefully I will have got this issue behind me, though there is still another procedure to be done.

Those I had down for the day are

@tysontim
@Jimpanzee
@gixer 13
@brianNN5
@notneeded
@Scribe
@chefster
@Stewie74
@Whisker
@matt
@160642fishing
@warrington63
@dealornodeal
@90sGear

90sGear

Site Supporter
No worries Neil, look after yourself , stay positive and I’ll be on the mend

160642fishing

Site Supporter
No problem Neil,I've been there and got the T shirt,they stopped me from driving for six months when I had the de-fib implanted,it nearly drove me mad.

matt

Site Supporter
No worries Neil, look after yourself and get back to being fighting fit

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Neil, I'm not sure of the full prognosis but after my issues with covid last year and the consequent heart issues I know where you are coming from, however the heart doc's advice was to 'lose some weight and keep taking the tablets'.
It was a bit of a daunting outlook, not knowing how restricted I was going to be or if the ticker was going to shake a seven and sign out, however it was a case of give it a go and get on with it. That's all in the past, my heart is still not 100%, never will be, but I know my limitations and have adapted to them, know when to ask for a helping hand and not be ashamed to do so, know that I've still got a good few years ahead of me so making the most of them.

Once you clear your head and re-evaluate your circumstances you'll soon realise the future is still bright even if it's not all Orange ;)

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
Neil
Keep your chin up ,I've lost a 1/3 of my heart ,so badly damaged it will never recover, 1 day at a time ,always look forward ,
Take my out look on life now
Didn't give a f--k yesterday
Don't give a f--k today
and definitely won't give a f--k tomorrow

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Neil
Keep your chin up ,I've lost a 1/3 of my heart ,so badly damaged it will never recover, 1 day at a time ,always look forward ,
Take my out look on life now
Didn't give a f--k yesterday
Don't give a f--k today
and definitely won't give a f--k tomorrow
But looking at the bright side, I'm still around for you to take the pi$$ out of.

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Neil - I’m sorry to hear you’re not in a good place. Completely understandable regarding the fishing. Focus on yourself and getting better mentally and physically.
Wishing you all the best.