David Dimbleby - The Fault Line: Bush, Blair and Iraq

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Was the passing of the satellites in phase with the 14 day notice period?

Also, I presume there will have been drones in the air providing some for of surveillance, but were there spotters on the ground?

You would presume someone such as Saddam given 14 days notice of an inspection would have plenty of time to hide or disguise the evidence, however I also would expect NATO to be aware of that and made sure they had everything in place to monitor what was happening on the ground - or was it/is it underground?

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
There was nothing to hide! Saddam was bluffing. Nothing has been found.

And, yes, illegal weapons had been used, against the Kurds; but UK citizens were told that there were weapons of Mass Destruction which could be ready to fire within 45 minutes. That was the lie.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Did he have them or didn't he have them ,was he bluffing or not bluffing,has it been proven or not proven.
All unanswered questions but a very dangerous game to play if we get the answer "yes he had them"
Lbh he killed his own people with gas and viral which are classed as WMD's and was in an arms war with Iran.Would Saddam being a power hungry dictator with enemies around him and within not likely do all he could to secure the future for him and his?
He already proved he had no qualms on doing so on his own people.

The very fact that there were many other Islamic nations in the coalition fighting against their own tells you all you need to know about Iraqs threat to the Middle East. The lack of support for Iraq by the ME countries aligned to their ideology/history escalates it further.

nejohn

Site Supporter
We found more Rockets in Lidls. than we found in Iraq
Mick I think you should read the link below maybe that might shed some light on a lot of your's and many others doubts, they admitted to having chemical weapons, they blocked all access to certain buildings, they blocked all flights of helicopters etc over certain areas, all access to any documents relating to the nuclear program was blocked, weapons were found and destroyed in the summer of 1992, around that time I worked as a trials conducting officer on a firing range and I know that we got some very dodgy stuff to find safe methods of destruction