Dave Harrell Speci Wag Adaptors

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Was just playing around with my floats, got a few Speci Wags I want to try.

They just have a small cane stem at the base, no eye. I thought I'd see if my Drennan Float Adaptors fit and they don't, too small. I tried some silicon tube to see if I could make something myself with a swivel glued into tube. 2mm is too small. 3mm is too big. I don't have 2.5mm tube. But I think I'm better off just buying some adaptors that fit rather than knocking up my own anyway.

The Dave Harrell site says that his Float Adaptors will fit his Speci Wags, has anyone tried this and can confirm as it's quite a thick stem? Or are there other adaptors or other ways of attaching these floats?

Cheers

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'll try wetting it but the Drennan ones I've got that look exactly the same as those, one size fits all I think, they don't fit.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Actually, my apologies. They do fit, just. I went to take a photo to show how it doesn't fit and it went on. I'll post the pic in a minute.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
You can see how it's quite a stretch. I took it off and then the adaptor split trying to get it back on. So I wouldn't fancy doing that on the bank. So going to order some of the DH ones and see if they're any closer.

2021-02-26 19.21.18.jpg

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
You can see how it's quite a stretch. I took it off and then the adaptor split trying to get it back on. So I wouldn't fancy doing that on the bank. So going to order some of the DH ones and see if they're any closer.

2021-02-26 19.21.18.jpg
On the bank is fine, once the adapter has been on the float a while, it'll stretch a bit making any future float swaps easier.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Maybe, they're fairly cheap to buy anyway so will order some DH ones and see how I get on.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'll update with how I get on when they arrive. (y) Really looking forward to using these floats though. I bought a load of them in different sizes and haven't used them yet. Going to try them with meat this year. I'm holding one that's 5 SSG. A beast of a float. :LOL: