DARWEN LOYAL AC

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe1987

'Darwener'
Erm, think I am. Yep just checked my card. Waters are hoddlesden, good in summer for bream and skimmers, some big pike, a few tench and carp. It used to be a trout res. Theres also a stretch of the LL canal nr wheelton, just below top lock. Real good for jacks, decent perch, good head of roach. The membership for me, as I'm a junior(under 16) was 3 joining fee and 3 a year. Well worth the money as the matches can be fun. That any help bloodworm? **Joey-mackeral**

bloodworm

thanks joe,were fishing the van den ide clubmans against your club,just wondering were it was and wat bait to take,do you know what it fishes like at this time of year,

its just a quess that we will be taken there,

bloodworm.

Last edited:

joe1987

'Darwener'
It doesnt fish great in the winter but if you get a peg on the wall and the wind's in your face you'll probably win the match on the feeder. Went the other week the far end shallows were all frozen up and neether me or the percher had a touch! Think that match was won with 1lb 2oz!!! Definately fish feeder, pole is only good in the warmer months. If you come from the A666 go through darwen and take a left opposite the wallpaper mill(cnt memba name)(very big and blue) past entrance to sainsburys and up a big steep hill, Marsh house lane, you'll go past a decent chippy there! Keep going until you come to a big cross roads, carry straight on and just follow the road down as it curves left at the bottom you'll see a load of trees after carus's factory. About 300m after theres a car park on the right and the blue hut is where the draw takes place. (The directions are correct just put in a long way). Must say that maggot, caster and worm are best on hook. Should I be telling you this??????(Aaaa im a traitor) Hemp in grounbait, a killer. **Joey-Mackeral**

Last edited:

bloodworm

thanks very much joe,is there any chance that you could ask one of the club members,just to make sure that we are fishing that water,i might fish it on sunday,

thanks again,
bloodworm..

joe1987

'Darwener'
Sorry mate im not in contact with any club members that would know. I think Dave pearce's number is 01254 603744, he should know. Theres no club matches on sunday anyway so theres every chance you will be, good luck but im sure darwen will win. (Maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.