Dark matter braid

Iluvlesta

Site Supporter
Got some braid to make some hair rigs. However on my hooks I can't get the braid through the eye twice to secure them. I'm trying on guru QM1 or wide gape. Do korda hooks have a bigger eye to be able to tie hook links with dark matter? Thanks

squimp

Site Supporter
Could you use a spade end/whipping knot instead?

you are right that some hooks have much smaller eyes than others.....

Silver fan 82

Got some braid to make some hair rigs. However on my hooks I can't get the braid through the eye twice to secure them. I'm trying on guru QM1 or wide gape. Do korda hooks have a bigger eye to be able to tie hook links with dark matter? Thanks
What size hooks are you tying?

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
Dark Matter coated braid is full on carping gear. The lightest is 15lb breaking strain, and god knows what diameter. I'm not surprised that you are having a hard time getting it through the eyes of Guru match/general coarse fishing hooks. I'd expect to have some difficulty tying it with some of the out and out carp fishing patterns in smaller sizes. Generally, the carp brands don't even bother with hook sizes less than a 12. More than the odd one no lower than a 10. As a rule of thumb, if a certain hook is available in a size smaller than a 12, it's probably a match/general coarse hook and not intended to be used with a product like Dark Matter.