Dark liquidised bread.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Clear shallow water and light coloured groundbait do not usually go well together, so if fishing bread flake on the hook with liquidised bread in the feeder, is there a way of getting the liquidised bread darker, as I'm not sure if liquidised brown bread would work, or would it ? Fishing on a river, by the way.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
been there, tried that

brown bread for some reason does not liccy like white does, maybe the texture is coarser

TrickyD

Site Supporter
been there, tried that

brown bread for some reason does not liccy like white does, maybe the texture is coarser
I had a feeling that was the case, any idea how to darken white liquidised bread , powdered food dye added in with the bread in the blender ?

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Site Supporter
It's white, it's bright, and full of goodness.

If you really need to change its appearance...

Molasses
Liquid food colouring
Overbake
Goo
Crushed hemp
Liquidised Sweetcorn
MVDE sinking crumb
Sensas Pastoncino
Turmeric
Cheese sauce mix
OXO

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Total

Site Supporter
It's white, it's bright, and full of goodness.

If you really need to change its appearance...

Molasses
Liquid food colouring
Overbake
Goo
Crushed hemp
Liquidised Sweetcorn
MVDE sinking crumb
Sensas Pastoncino
Turmeric
Cheese sauce mix
OXO

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
^^(y)......Or colour via mole hill soil, dark leam....

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I do believe Sensas and Van den eynde sell ground bait colourings. Maybe worth a try ? Never coloured liquidised myself. Always found it spot on white. 🤔

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Site Supporter
On't cut I sometimes liquidise most the loaf white but then liquidise one green slice, one red slice, and one yellow. Either with bait dyes or plain supermarket food colouring. Alternate hook bait colour from white to coloured by goo type colour/flavourings.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Never ever seen or had the need to try and darken liquidised bread, even on the clearest of waters.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Never ever seen or had the need to try and darken liquidised bread, even on the clearest of waters.
The river near me ,apart from being full of specimen shopping trolley's and traffic cones , has some very large roach and dace, along with double figure barbel, but in most places it is 18" or less, and gin clear, as it is a chalk stream, a carpet of white on the bed would surely put the fish of as they would stick out like a sore thumb. I could go down the coloured groundbait route, but just wondered about colouring liquidised to give the fish more confidence to feed over it.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
^^Generally Ditto here.....I love experimenting, but white liquidised generally does the business for me....
I’ve tried different colours with 8 and 10mm pop up discs but, when it comes to roach 4mm white punch seems to do most of the damage. I’m for experimenting but ..... if it ain’t broke etc.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
The river near me ,apart from being full of specimen shopping trolley's and traffic cones , has some very large roach and dace, along with double figure barbel, but in most places it is 18" or less, and gin clear, as it is a chalk stream, a carpet of white on the bed would surely put the fish of as they would stick out like a sore thumb. I could go down the coloured groundbait route, but just wondered about colouring liquidised to give the fish more confidence to feed over it.
If you haven’t already tried white first. See how you get on. White punch over white liquidised normally works well in clear conditions. Appreciate the way you are thinking though. Apart from gudgeon I don’t know of a fish that likes to site over a white base.