Danson Tackle seat box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nine months ago i had a look for a new seat box.I have to say i fancied a BOSS box ,but i just couldn't justify the price.As i live close to Danson Tackle i went along to have a look at one of their boxes.The one that caught my eye was the new 6 drawer.It comes with a pole seat,six front opening drawers with a rig tray above capable of holding at least 30 winders,The drawers are constructed of wood (well varnished)and are held in place by strong ball catches at the back,(no pins to loose)there are 4 shallow and 2 deep.These sit on top of a 7inch base complete with a frame taking Octoplus legs which come with mud feet as standard.As part of the package the box comes supplied with a 3 bar footplate with octoplus mudfeet again and a seatbox cover.All this for a price of 199.

Having used it for 9 months,i cannot fault it in terms of construction and value for money.
Peter.icon_smile.gif.

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Edited by - peter on 05 January 2002 5:24:12 PM

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Peter,
I,ve brought this up again, as I was impressed by your report and a further 6 months have gone by.
Are you still happy with the box and have any problems (no matter how minor) developed?
My own Penrose is ok, but with just 1 cross and 2 front drawers, I could do with a touch more space and my son needs a box for Ireland, so he may inherit early.
I must admit to 2 small problems'
1) The soaking I got at Makins with Waxi,has caused minor swelling in the cross drawer, making it harder to open, particularly in cold ,hand numbing weather,but a small samdpaper job would easily alleviate that and I don't want to loosen it too much for the shrinkage I guesstimte will happen in summer
2) I have lost the ball clip in 1 of my front drawers and been too idle to contact Penrose as I am sure they would replace.
Further, Would you recommend Dansons own Pole Rest at 24.99, or do you feel the Pupps better at 5 more?
I would be grateful of any other poster offering advice on this as well lads, all box users please feel free to help.

Thanks in advance

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Edited by - Ziptrev on 08 March 2002 10:20:37 AM

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Peter, does the tackle box look like this ALL the time, or was it carefully arranged for the pic. I look foreward to your answer. John. I use rucksacs etc so mine looks a b*****y mess all the time.

chill out go fishing

martin.

Account Locked
hi trev
as you know i use a preston rive box which has additional drawers
& trays so you can take as much or as little as you want.
iwas so impressed that i got my daughter 1, since then 3others have got them in our club.
preston have stopped doing them now but my local tackle shop
have informed me that they can get them through there sensas rep
& looking at the new catalog the new range seem even better with a lot more options.

tight lines.
martin.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trev,
I have to say that i am still very happy with the box,nothing has broken ,dropped off or worked loose as yet.None of the drawers have warped.You can have a look at it on the 30th.
With regards to the pole rest,Danson's is just a spray-bar,very similar to the Octoplus version,I have to say that the Penrose is probably the more versatile piece of kit,and would be the one i would favour although all that i use at the moment is a small Seymo V-roller on a heavy duty bankstick.Have a look at the new "compact version" as i feel that this is a little less cumbersome.
John, roflmao.gif
No mate the photo wasn't staged,it really does look like that all of the time,the pic was taken just after a days fishing!The thing is that i've got so much in it ,that if it's not kept tidy nothing fits icon_smile_big.gif

Peter. thumbsup.gif

danzante

Peter,
you must have a back like a bison to sit on one of them all day icon_smile.gif
i have a box with Octoplus system attached but a couple of hours is my limit...

for a good long sesh i use my Fox stalker chair which is easy on my back and easy on my wallet ( no pole )icon_smile.gif

Danny

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Danny, roflmao.gif
It's really a question of making sure that you are sitting properly,hence the footplate,that and the fact that it's all but impossible to fish with a pole properly is you are using a chair.

Peter. thumbsup.gif

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Full of envy that you are able to keep it nice neat and tidy. I cannot carry every thing at once so I have 4 different lots of tackle and 4 different bags/boxes to avoid as much as possible having to switch things over. This way at least whay I need for the type of fishing I am doing means I'm not with out anything at least thats the theory.

chill out go fishing

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Thanks fellers, all useful.
Peter, can I be a further pain, I would have E-Mailed this, but if its on the forum it might help someone else!
Can I trouble you for the Overall size of your box ie Height,Width, Depth, AND the same for the individual Drawers?
The reason I ask is that at Doncaster today, some of the boxes on display LOOKED (might not be) smaller than mine.
I dont want to get increased compartments , at the expense of cutting down overall cubic capacity!
Sorry to be a pain and in return, I'll go back to long reports! to please you and upset Dave and Geoff LOL.
Thanks in advance

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
No problem Trev.icon_smile_big.gif
The base is 17.5 inches wide, 12.75 inches deep and has a height of 7 inches.
All six drawers are 11.5 inches X 8 inches.Two of these are 1.5 inches deep and the other four are 1.25 inches deep.
The winder tray under the seat has a total depth of about 1.5 inches.
The complete box(with feet) stands 19 inches tall.

Peter. thumbsup.gif

AlexR

peter that is one tidy box! how on earth do you keep it like that, mine is like that before i go, but when i come back... its a little "messed"!.

;)

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Peter,
In this imperfect world, your neatness is only matched by your speed of reply and accuracy!
(Is that 1.25" and 1.5" internal or external LOL)
Thanks mate and more so for not using these damn millimetres!
I'll tell Danson it was your Reco, so hit em for a discount!

Thanks again

Trev
(Worth a pint at Izaaks!)

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trev,
No problem,but one question,Whats millimetresicon_smile_question.gif roflmao.gif
PS.the depth of the drawers is the internal measurement.

Peter. thumbsup.gif

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
OK ordered and Delivery promised for tomorrow!
And Heres me booked up Piking Thurs, Sun, and Monday!
I'm gonna have to wait to use it!!!

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Still gonna have to wait to use it!

Let me down on delivery, and didnt even bother to phone!!! Great Customer care, as I had given up the day to await delivery and time is important to me!

Now promised for friday, which is an awkward day for me and so it will probably be delivered when I'm out!!
Beware if you use these people and tie up a contact if you order!

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trev,
I can only apologise,unfortunatly i have only ever dealt with the shop, and have had no experience of the mail order side of things.
Give them a rocket mate,do they realise they are risking THE CURSE demonbat.gif

Peter. thumbsup.gif

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Peter !!! No!!
No apology necessary from you!

It's the old complacancy syndrome,
Good product, life becomes easier as word spreads,
Sod the punter, he should be grateful to spend his money with us!
Been there mate!

We'll see frida asfor Rocket! they thought it Nov.5th mate LOL!

CYA

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Hurrah! Arrived at 1.30 pm,
Looks great,, may retain old footplate! will see later.

Same carrier brought a 2nd order containing flavourings from Walkers of Trowell.
1 bottle Raspberry LOL broken!
Everything soaked and boy is it stong smelling!

Will I ever get away from the CURSE?

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
All Reet Trev
Im so glad i can't make it on Sunday, It looks like the Curse is working overtime this week teeth.gif icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

Stu

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Bringing this back to the top as a few people seem to be looking at new boxes.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Status
Not open for further replies.