DAM shadow centrepin reel

sapperrich

Does anyone have any experience with the DAM centrepin? Wanted to experiment with margin float fishing with centrepin reel, don't want to spend to much to start with. Cheers guys.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Rather than the Dam, have a look at the Stillwater pins... Angling Direct in Chelmsford are doing them for £25 for the Severn (4" wide drum) and £35 for the Wensum (5" narrow drum) for margin work the wide drum is what you need... they are nice and free running with a good ratchet

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I had one of those DAM ones, and after about 6 or 7 weeks it started grinding. You're better off taking @Arry's advice and going for the Severn

Arry

Site Supporter
Does anyone have any experience with the DAM centrepin? Wanted to experiment with margin float fishing with centrepin reel, don't want to spend to much to start with. Cheers guys.
If the Dam Shadow is a copy of the Shadowlanda I'd steer clear, I bought one years ago and the ratchet pawl fell apart within months... the Stillwater is a better bet

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
@Arry

That's exactly what it is mate. I found that out the hard way...never again.

Arry

Site Supporter
Advanta make one as well, I'm pretty sure its a copy of the Stillwater pin... or maybe slightly different.. that comes in around £35-45... the Severn is a pretty good pin for very little cash though... I have a version of it and it does the job superbly

Arry

Site Supporter
Advanta make one as well, I'm pretty sure its a copy of the Stillwater pin... or maybe slightly different.. that comes in around £35-45... the Severn is a pretty good pin for very little cash though... I have a version of it and it does the job superbly
Right up until one of the handles fell off today... that said... mine is badged "Theseus" (only cost a tenner from Fishing Republic) but the chassis handles and drum are identical...