Daiwa Yank N Bank Pro X

endura

The Bookie
If you are looking at buying a margin pole take
a look at the new Daiwa Yank N Bank Pro X.

Awesome piece of kit for the price. 3 tops and can be fished at 11 metres if you dont want heavy elastics (i.e leave the flick tips in the top sections).

Some of the forum members prefer the Tricast, i opted for the Daiwa
as i felt it was better value, but i guarantee it wont let you down !!

d1ball

Bally
I have had an 18lb Mirror on my Yank and Bank....no issues here

Last edited by a moderator:

plumbit1

i bought a yank and bank this year its my first pole i would recomend it to anyone

endura

The Bookie
I got mine for 230 which when i checked ebay and searched on line is a good deal.
3 tops, 11 metres, have really tested it and it's a top piece of kit. I have the Tournament Pro
pole and have at times been pushing it a bit with the size of some of the carp in commercials now, but
this new margin pole, i'm convinced, could handle a twenty with the right set up. In fact some of the lads
in our last match were so impressed with the action of the pole they put it on their wish list !!

rodring

Account Locked
what's the difference between the new one and the last one?

endura

The Bookie
Was talking to one of the match lads who had the original
Yank n Bank and now has the new model,that's ultimately what
put me on this pole as he's over the moon with it. It just seems so right, the wall sections seem stronger and the action of the pole is first class.

It's not right for me to have an opinion on the previous pole as i never
had one, but am more than happy with my choice.[:T]

Cooky

Originally posted by rodring

length and probably other things

rodring

Account Locked
Originally posted by Cooky

Originally posted by rodring

length and probably other things
thats all i needed to know cheers[:T][:W]

Terry D

The taxpayers can afford it!
Just got the 10m blue/black Yank n' Bank with a 3 piece top kit (16s elastic) and 2 x 2 piece power tops (20s elastic). The 3 piece looks as though it'd be fine putting a bush straight into the no 2 section, but the 2 piece power tops are pathetic. If it's designed as a margin pole to take no 20 elastic, how come you have to cut so much back off the extremely small diameter tip section to fit a decent bush for your no 20 elastic. I'm lucky if my tip is 15ins long and the whole power top about 5ft long when elasticated. surely the tops should be about 7 to 8ft long or so. Anyone else have this problem, as it just doesn't seem right to me.
Additionally, you can't make the power tops (20s) when cut back, the same length as the match top 2 (16s). Any feedback would be much appreciated chaps.

shropshire_pole

I had a daiwa yank n bank pro x and that was the same. I only ever used mine for match sized carp up to about 5lb but mainly 2-3lb so didn't have to cut them back very far, The match kit I have a number 8 elastic and the power kits I had a double 8 and a 16.
Alot of people will tell you that the ideal lenght of top kit on a margin pole is about 5ft as most margin swims are only 3ft deep max.
I myself prefer a longer top kit so I sold it and bought a map tks 1000 margin pole which uses standard tks top kits which are about 9ft long.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Originally posted by Terry D

Just got the 10m blue/black Yank n' Bank with a 3 piece top kit (16s elastic) and 2 x 2 piece power tops (20s elastic). The 3 piece looks as though it'd be fine putting a bush straight into the no 2 section, but the 2 piece power tops are pathetic. If it's designed as a margin pole to take no 20 elastic, how come you have to cut so much back off the extremely small diameter tip section to fit a decent bush for your no 20 elastic. I'm lucky if my tip is 15ins long and the whole power top about 5ft long when elasticated. surely the tops should be about 7 to 8ft long or so. Anyone else have this problem, as it just doesn't seem right to me.
Additionally, you can't make the power tops (20s) when cut back, the same length as the match top 2 (16s). Any feedback would be much appreciated chaps.
Buy some spare number 4's and elasticated the 4 and 3,much stiffer and a better length.

Terry D

Many thanks chaps. Will probably end up with carphauler's suggestion but then my 10m pole will just be a 9m pole - at much greater expense!

pat 1948

22/09/13 - 17/03/18
In Memoriam

Because of the cutting back required I went for the MAP TKS margin pole, it's bushed and ready to go, no cutting needed.

Terry D

I really should've checked first. Bought Daiwa as all my rods, pole and whips are Daiwa. I love their tackle and assumed they'd have suitable power tops like the power tops for their pole ranges. Guess it's my own fault on this issue. Buyer beware......

carphauler

Barbel Tickler

Many thanks chaps. Will probably end up with carphauler's suggestion but then my 10m pole will just be a 9m pole - at much greater expense!
If you've already cut the number 2's back to 15 inches,it'll only be that amount shorter if you elasticated the number 4 and 3 anyway,plus it is a margin pole,9m is plenty,its a good little pole IMO.

Last edited:

Markus

Could it also be used for pole to Hand fishing?