Daiwa whisker wrc 2.75lb 12ft

Well I'm using older shimano baitrunners , some vintage delkim, so took a punt on some older daiwa rods for full retro feel . 3 pretty much mint 12ft wrc 2234 rods . How old are they? 90s? Have i made massive mistake. Or do they hold up today, I'm no carp nut , just wanted a three rod set up for local lake and more than likely carp no bigger than teen's. Any information welcome thank you

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
They'll be fine... I'm using rods built in the 50's and reels from the 60 & 70's

Arry

Site Supporter
Well I'm using older shimano baitrunners , some vintage delkim, so took a punt on some older daiwa rods for full retro feel . 3 pretty much mint 12ft wrc 2234 rods . How old are they? 90s? Have i made massive mistake. Or do they hold up today, I'm no carp nut , just wanted a three rod set up for local lake and more than likely carp no bigger than teen's. Any information welcome thank you
Just don't go whanging 4oz leads or heavy solid bags to the horizon and you'll be fine...👍😎

So that's how carp rods have changed over the years. A through action with larger eyes for big weights at distance? Im not gonna hit big distance , just want a nice action rod to enjoy playing them . I'm pretty much from the same school. I've had the first carp of the season with 8lb on 13ft float rod with 2lb line. As carp anglers all sat there with no action. And bagged up in a harbour with course tackle , all the locals stopped making fun when I was smashing them out.
I have a old mitchell quality carp / pike rod that I really didn't enjoy playing fish with and a cheap shakespeare carp rod that was way nicer to play fish with. Was worried these might be the same as the mitchell.

Arry

Site Supporter
Through action rods are for playing... tip action is for casting... far too many people use rods that are waaaaay to heavy for the fish they are after... just enjoy your fishing and rather than worrying about the rods and reels.... concentrate on finding the fish and presenting a bait they want to eat, where they want to eat it and you'll do fine