Daiwa Washers for reels

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
I bought two TDR reels the other day and they came with spare washers any idea where they go and what their for?

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
I think it could be for the quick drag system its to help adjust the amount you turn the front drag and its overall effect, if it is this they would go over the spool before you add the front drag

I could be wrong though

Total

Site Supporter
I bought two TDR reels the other day and they came with spare washers any idea where they go and what their for?

Probably to control the required line lay on your reel. Ie Front biased towards the front of the spool, back biased towards the back of spool or an even loaded spool.(y)

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
As I said above mate. :D ......Gotta be 'Mystic Meg' to help some folks with some of the questions on here!:p:LOL:

You may be right, but if you don't know the answer, then ask the question. :upthumb:

Total

Site Supporter
@Pole-Fisher-90 .....I can't find a schematic drawing online for your reel.....But looking at similar reels the washers in your photo above (if fibre/carbon washers and NOT metal washers) would appear to be spare drag washers.....Usually three off in each spool. (y)

bluemack

Site Supporter
Phone diawa or ask at your tackle shop OR type into google.........DAIWA TDR 18 3012 QD SCHEMATICS and you may
get it on their.
I sorted my Daiwa whisker using the schematics. Good luck

bluemack

Site Supporter
I,ve just googled jims reel shop and they specialize in servicing daiwa reels,there is a phone number
so i,d give them a call and ask what they are for. (y)