Daiwa tournament pro bu feeder rod v airity x45 bu feeder rod

Tommyshrews

Could anyone please help me, what is the difference between these two rods does one have a stiffer action more accurate to cast ?
would like some feedback on these two type of rods, looking to purchase the airity 10ft version .
fish commercials mainly carp between 2lb to 15lb with some f1

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
Could anyone please help me, what is the difference between these two rods does one have a stiffer action more accurate to cast ?
would like some feedback on these two type of rods, looking to purchase the airity 10ft version .
fish commercials mainly carp between 2lb to 15lb with some f1
Your correct, the airity is a crisper rod, better for casting, and for larger fish, more middle to tip action, the tournament is slightly softer, ideal for bream and silvers, decent carp rod too, but not an out n out bagging tool👍👍👍

Tommyshrews

Your correct, the airity is a crisper rod, better for casting, and for larger fish, more middle to tip action, the tournament is slightly softer, ideal for bream and silvers, decent carp rod too, but not an out n out bagging tool👍👍👍
Thanks Mike for the info have the tournament pro in 10 ft And 11ft will change to the airity have had trouble with larger carp near to snags with my existing rods.

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Thanks Mike for the info have the tournament pro in 10 ft And 11ft will change to the airity have had trouble with larger carp near to snags with my existing rods.
This is a cheaper rod and not UK made. Have a look at the Free Spirit 11ft CTX power feeder. Loads of back bone. Thought it was worth a mention. The Hi's versions are soft like the Tournament.

JLK

This is a cheaper rod and not UK made. Have a look at the Free Spirit 11ft CTX power feeder. Loads of back bone. Thought it was worth a mention. The Hi's versions are soft like the Tournament.
Is this a Shimano Blank (free spirit ctx)?

JLK

I posted on another thread about one of these rods and the rod bag it was in had shimano zips on the rod bag.

I understand that 2+2 doesnt always equal 4 as RMDIL pointed out on that thread, howver it does make you wonder if they do use shimano blanks or was it the case as RMDIL aluded to, that maybe the rod bag supplier for these Freespirit rods could have used zips destined for shimano rod bags. Again - it could purely be just that but the zippers were actually the same colourway as the bag design that I had a hold of which does make you question the fact. Well I did as did my mate.

:unsure:

Tommyshrews

Hi Mike is this the same action with the float waggler rods tournament pro v airity x45 or would you have any experience with these two rods