Daiwa Tournament Pro 12ft/13ft Feeder Rod.

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
Has anyone got one of these or used one. Would appreciate their comments on its performance especially for Bream
Is the rod a 2 piece with a dolly to take it to 13ft
Thanks

Total

Site Supporter
Is this the same range of rods with dodgy reel guides that are not suitable with use of braid?

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Is it 2 piece and dolly
Hi Simon

Just purchased the 12ft 3 piece. Only had it a week, used Wednesday and had 15 hybrids and Bream, plus a bonus 22lb Carp. Feels very light rod with 520 Extremity reel on. Good casting ability and very soft action. Had no hook pulls.
Overall very pleased with its first outing.

dave brittain 1

Simon a couple of my friends had the 12/13ft and sold them replacing them with the 12ft model.

I think it's one of those rods that's a great compromise rod, i.e. bream, carp, chub and barbel that doesn't excel as one or the other but in general is a good alround rod.

dave brittain 1

Simon I think the reason was as endpeg has stated possibly a little stiff, making a good casting tool/compromise but on the the venues they fish, with Chard, Durleigh and Shearwater being the local bream venues, you don't need an extra long cuck and the 12ft models have a more refined fish playing action without losing too much distance.

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Thanks Hitman do you think the 12/13ft rod would be a similar action?
Sorry missed this, not sure as i never used one. Would think the 12ft only would be the best option. as it's a dedicated 3 piece, action is very forgiving but has plenty of power on the cast.

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
Thanks for advice Rich. As you know I will be picking up my 3 piece 12ft TournamentQ in a couple of weeks
Dave and your advice and comments helped me make my decision.
Thanks both Simon

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
Picked up the 3 piece 12ftQ Tournament feeder rod today. Looks and feels a cracking rod. Looking forward to using it soon👍

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Picked up the 3 piece 12ftQ Tournament feeder rod today. Looks and feels a cracking rod. Looking forward to using it soon👍
Enjoy

I had a nice day at Melbury last week using mine. 70m on the method catching Bream/Skimmers and Hybrids.
Off there again tomorrow.

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Pellets or groundbait in the method Rich?
No doubt wafters on the bayonet
Pellets double skinned with dark sweet marine. Wafters yes. Had a few on the bread also.
25lb so nice days fishing. Back there again Thursday. 😁