Daiwa Tournament pro 10/11ft

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOGZ

Has anyone got one of these?

I recently sold my carbon active mini and treated myself to the pro rod. Trouble is im experiencing a large amount of lost fish, granted this happens when feeder fishing a fair mbit but in percentage terms its a lot more than the preston one

Anyone else suffering from this or is it just while I get used to the rod

By the way, im fishing either a GURU method feede or Preston elasticated one, hooklengths are either 0.17 or 0.19 powerline with a 16/18 Korum S3

12f2004

Not much give in the Powerline as I thought it was designed for pole fishing mate? Might be the reason?

MOGZ

Nope, I use this for lump fishing and have lost very few, it seems to be the ones under 2lb that keep coming off

BTW how was Holland

12f2004

It was hard work mate! A good laugh though and looking forward to the next one!

U got owt on ebay?

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
The Preston 10ft Mini is a very forgiving rod.

Is the Torny Pro stiffer as this could explain the lost fish?

batman

Originally posted by MOGZ

I recently sold my carbon active mini and treated myself to the pro rod. Trouble is im experiencing a large amount of lost fish, granted this happens when feeder fishing a fair mbit but in percentage terms its a lot more than the preston one

perhaps you just need to familiarise youurself with the action of the rod, might be a slightly stiffer rod? May need to give a bit more line when the fish are on.[:T]

MOGZ

It is a stiffer rod, Im thinking it is better used for fish above 3lb and I may get another carbon active for the smaller ones

strat2

the diawa's are a very progressive action which is different to the carbon active blank the carbo's are very forgiving but u can use the whole rod while exerting pressure on the fish how ever when i had the luxury to use a tourney i found they felt almost brittle and you learn to play the fish with the top-mid half of the rod rather than a full through when u bend into the fish on a preston.

i hope this helps i did explain it strange

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
Personaly I rate the Carbonactive 10ft the better rod for any size of carp, the problem I find is a lot of rods are too stiff for fishing at close range like you do on most carp venues.

Status
Not open for further replies.