Daiwa Tornado-z match

loopknot

HI All

My Dad gave me a float rod to use last year finally looked at it to use on the nene for far bank work...after a bit of googling i cant seems to see many reviews.

Anyone able to tell me if this a all round, river only jobbie.. could be used as a pellet waggler?

Willberforce

Account Locked
Lower to mid range universal float rod from the early 90's.
Not a slim blank by todays standards.
I cannot recall if it had the flat Armalock handle...if so it was more mid range price wise.
Bit light for pellet waggler work but would probably handle carp if no bullying from snags was necessary.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Don't know if yours is the MkI or MkII although I don't think there's much difference - both state 3lb reel line and 1lb hook-lengths
MKI is in the 1996 catalogue - hard chrome rings so I'd probably avoid using braid ;)

daiwa004a.jpg

MKII presumably an upgrade - does have lined rings throughout and fancy new graphics but I suspect the blank is the same - this is the 1998 catalogue

daiwa003a.jpg

Hope that helps - think I'd stick to using it for what it was designed for - i.e. general all-round float fishing

Simon

loopknot

Wow thank you, it is the older one(not surprised some how lol) but perfect river rod :) I’ll hunt some with more back bone for commercials and pellets wag