Daiwa Tommy Pickering Matchwinner 12′ Canal TPM12. Maybe.

jimmyr

Site Supporter
Hi guys I am looking to swap the above rod for rod suitable for fishing very small river, which contains medium sized barbel and chub to around the 4lb Mark plus other silvers.
The Daiwa looks brand new as does the original blue bag, looks like it has never been used at all, it feels like the lightest rod I have held.
I know there are new rods out there but being a pensioner I would rather swap, I don’t even know the worth of the Rod, yes I have read about it so I know it’s a very good rod, I think it would make a great trotting rod for somebody.
what do you guys think, would you sell it to buy a decent small river feeder rod or try to swap.
Thanks for looking.
Jim.

trotter2

jimmyr

Site Supporter
Thanks Trotter.
Thank you nutmeg, yes I caught it at Startops reservoir in Tring, also had a 12.5 roach bream Hybrid, a young friend who was there with his son had a 17.9 bream, I thought i was doing well until he caught the 17lb.

MarkW

Thanks Trotter.
Thank you nutmeg, yes I caught it at Startops reservoir in Tring, also had a 12.5 roach bream Hybrid, a young friend who was there with his son had a 17.9 bream, I thought i was doing well until he caught the 17lb.
I'd love to see a good pic of the hybrid; the biggest roach x bream I've ever heard of previously was around 9-8 - my best is about 3-6.

jimmyr

Site Supporter
Mark I will try to post on this thread, when I caught it I thought it was a giant roach lol, I got a reel from anglers mail for the picture, or it might have been angling times, it was about five years ago or more.

there you go. Same clothes same day.

1594054764730.jpeg

MarkW

Mark I will try to post on this thread, when I caught it I thought it was a giant roach lol, I got a reel from anglers mail for the picture, or it might have been angling times, it was about five years ago or more.

there you go. Same clothes same day.

View attachment 37064
That's massive!

Back to the OP. If you've no need for the rod then swap or sell it.

DFL

Site Supporter