Daiwa TDR Reel lubrication

Status
Not open for further replies.

ado5times

Just got hold of a used Daiwa TDR 3012. Just wondering if there is a specific lubricant I should use as it is in need of a bit of TLC? I normally just use good old WD40 but should I use something a bit more specific on a reel of this quality! I think the internals need a bit of oiling!

Adzee

shimano provide a small container of reel oil with thiers, maybe worth getting in contact with your local shop and seeing what they have in stock

greentura

Greenie
don't use wd40 for anything but cleaning it as it dries out. use 3 in 1 mineral oil and lithium grease after cleaning the old grease and oil out[:T]

Team Man

As greentura says, only use WD40 for freeing off or cleaning as it does dry out.

Myself, after cleaning the reel throughout, I use Vaseline on the internals, have done it for years

ado5times

Thanks for the advice. I will steer clear of WD40, but dont know whether to go to my local tackle dealer or Boots!!!

Team Man

If you're going to Boots, get their own Petroleum Jelly, it's cheaper than Vaseline.

greentura

Greenie
better off going to halfords and getting some 3-in-1 lithium grease spray. much smoother running than petrolium jelly or, as i used to use, silicone grease. sprays on as a liquid then goes to a grease when its got into all the moving parts [:T] also means you don't have to make any explanations for having vasaline in your box[;)]

donk

i read a thread on here that told me o use chain wax brill well pleaseed with it !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.