Ended Daiwa stick float rod wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick123

Site Supporter
I have an older Diawa 13ft AMW13L Amorphous Whisker Light Float rod (see pic) which weighs just 5.5oz and has a brilliant action and balance, and as I sometimes use a centrepin with It; I actually sometimes prefer having a sliding reel Seat, as I can change the position of the reel when I need to..

Plus although I didn’t use a micrometer the rod blank looks just as slim as my 13ft Drennan Acolyte Ultra; apart from a slight difference nearer the tip.
So all of the drivel you hear about older rods always being wider and heavier is not always true there are certain models that are comparable (if not even better) than more modern rods if you know what to look for.

light-Float-Tackle.gif

Keith

Keith. I think you have missed the point by a mile. Would you buy that rod now for £200 or not? You can have a longer lighter rod for that price, that's my point buddy.(y)(y)

GGJD69

Looking for one of the high end stick float rods that Daiwa made back in the day with a spliced tip. The connoisseur, tournament or amorphous range. I’d consider other brands and more current models if the rod was right. Thanks
Hi
I have a mint and I mean mint 14 Connoisseur rod. Not sure it’s a spliced tip tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.