Daiwa Spares

MaxGwill

Just ordered a Daiwa Carp X 13m. I'm not too worried about top kits as it came with 4 all together, Just wondering what it's like to get spares for Daiwa Poles? Also needing a cupping kit any idea which one will fit?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Is it the 13m power carp you have Max ? If so there’s a lot of spares kicking around for those. There’s usually some on face book. With regards a cupping kit ... you could always go down the generic route and get yourself a ‘ Oakwood ‘ top three for around £20. You’ll have to cut it to suit but, well good enough to be used as a cupping kit. Hope this helps. ?

MaxGwill

Is it the 13m power carp you have Max ? If so there’s a lot of spares kicking around for those. There’s usually some on face book. With regards a cupping kit ... you could always go down the generic route and get yourself a ‘ Oakwood ‘ top three for around £20. You’ll have to cut it to suit but, well good enough to be used as a cupping kit. Hope this helps. ?
Yeah Mick It's the 13m Power carp X. Good to know there's spares knocking around, and I'll have a look into the Oakwood kits, I've just found a Daiwa one for £90.

Thanks for the help, can't wait to get it on the bank!

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Yeah Mick It's the 13m Power carp X. Good to know there's spares knocking around, and I'll have a look into the Oakwood kits, I've just found a Daiwa one for £90.

Thanks for the help, can't wait to get it on the bank!
A mate bought one after having issues with his Preston and he’s well happy with it. It’s very strong but remarkably light. He thinks Daiwa are selling them too cheaply ( but, let’s not tell Daiwa ). ?. He’s had carp up to 12lb out of candy corner and he says he felt very comfortable playing them. Sounds like you’ve picked a good pole there fella. ?

MaxGwill

A mate bought one after having issues with his Preston and he’s well happy with it. It’s very strong but remarkably light. He thinks Daiwa are selling them too cheaply ( but, let’s not tell Daiwa ). ?. He’s had carp up to 12lb out of candy corner and he says he felt very comfortable playing them. Sounds like you’ve picked a good pole there fella. ?
Glad to hear it's light! I've not tested the weight yet as I ordered online, I tried the Map 101 in store though and the weight of that was almost none existent so was worried I may have made a mistake.