Daiwa Pro Tournament Feeder Rods ( Latest Versions)

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Had a look around the forum but couldn't see any reviews of these rods. has anybody got one of the latest versions in the 9ft-10ft and the 10ft-11ft. Looking to purchase a couple of new rods that will cover me for everything from small commercials, canals and natural venues. Most of my rods at the moment are mainly commercial rods, CTX Carp feeders. The only exception is the Supera's i have, do think i could use these on most venues.

Sold some gear lately ( burning hole in my pocket) and fancy one of each of the above rods, think the combination would be perfect for my fishing moving forward. Keeping the 11.6Ft Supera for the longer checks.

Really interested in how the rods perform with the extensions in.

Any feedback would be great.

Fishfinderuk

You dont need to spend a fortune to get a decent rod.you already have a supera,which is excellent, even the dawia yank and bank feeder rods are good,and a fraction of the tournament rods.

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
Recently bought, and used a couple of times, the Tournament 10/11 feeder rod. Love it. Caught some nice carp up to 12lb and it performed beautifully, in 11’ mode, not had a single hook pull since using it. I thought my Team Daiwa 10’ XP rod was good but this is something else. Casts like a dream too ??

The Hitman

Site Supporter
You dont need to spend a fortune to get a decent rod.you already have a supera,which is excellent, even the dawia yank and bank feeder rods are good,and a fraction of

Recently bought, and used a couple of times, the Tournament 10/11 feeder rod. Love it. Caught some nice carp up to 12lb and it performed beautifully, in 11’ mode, not had a single hook pull since using it. I thought my Team Daiwa 10’ XP rod was good but this is something else. Casts like a dream too ??
Thanks for the reply, i do like the action of Daiwa rods, i had the 10.6ft commercial rod which i do regret selling.
How do you find the action where the extention fits in? Never had a multi length rod before. With my move to North Devon think i need a multi tool rather than just commercial bias rod. I might be wrong. Appreciate your feed back.

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
The extension doesn’t seem to make any difference to the action at all, the rod bends right through as a 10’ or 11’ rod would, couldn’t see or feel any difference at all.

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
I have the 10/11ft version. It's beautiful to use at both lengths. Paired with a TDR 3012 casting is dream and the action is too.. I dont thread the eye on the 1ft extension just so that I can use it at both lengths without having break if down then reset it up again. Don't know if other ppl do this.