Daiwa Ninja X Feeder rods

Total

Site Supporter
@Simon90

From the Daiwa 2020 catalogue, Below.....There doesn't seem to be an ounce designation for the quiver tips for these rods, apart from the colours you mention above. Only one tip is glass and the other two are carbon....(y)

Ninja X quivertips.jpg

Simon90

I couldn't find any ounce designation either.
Other more experienced anglers on the waters I fish talk in terms of what ounce tip for the conditions that day and how many grams to hold bottom etc
All I can tell with the Ninja X tips, is which one is stiffer or softer than the other.

nickg

I going to necro this thread,

Guys I notice the ninja x has a much higher casting weight than the UK ninja models, plus its listed as being made from HMC+ whereas the uk ones are not.

Are you all happy with your ninja x's?

I'm looking at buying the 2.4 ninja x stalker feeder rod for some method feeder work.

@Simon90
@rd115
@Brian Lody

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
The one I have (11ft) is a bit brutal for stillwater work unless targeting 10lb+ carp. More of a river rod i think.

I do have an 11ft Daiwa Aqualite and its a lot more forgiving but still with 100g casting weight.

There is a Ninja X method feeder rod in 11ft 80g which should be OK.

nickg

The one I have (11ft) is a bit brutal for stillwater work unless targeting 10lb+ carp. More of a river rod i think.

I do have an 11ft Daiwa Aqualite and its a lot more forgiving but still with 100g casting weight.

There is a Ninja X method feeder rod in 11ft 80g which should be OK.

Thanks i did look at the acqualite i wonder... also the method feeder has the 3 sections bit out me off..

Are the tips like ultra stiff and heavy?

I mean I will primarily be using it for method feeder/carp etc but sometimes smaller fish too. Possible riverwork so would be great if it doubled up for that too.

Last edited:

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Tips don't have weights on them but feel like 2oz and 3oz to me.

nickg

Thanks really useful info.

And overall there's fwel like good quality well made etc obviously as I'm going to habe to import from Europe I can't do the feel test in a shop.

Brian Lody

That is what i estimate as well for the carbon tips.
The fibreglass tip is quite soft, i use that on commercials where there are f1's and decent roach as well as carp.

Simon90

I going to necro this thread,

Guys I notice the ninja x has a much higher casting weight than the UK ninja models, plus its listed as being made from HMC+ whereas the uk ones are not.

Are you all happy with your ninja x's?

I'm looking at buying the 2.4 ninja x stalker feeder rod for some method feeder work.
I'm very happy with mine. For the price I think it's a bargain.
I haven't used it as much as I would have liked, because the lockdown coincided with the time I do most of my feeder fishing on commercials.
When I have used it on the river it has performed really well. It's a powerful rod suited to big rivers and strong flows. I've used mine to cast out 100g feeders packed with groundbait.
I have the 50-150g model, it's quite capable of handling bigger carp on commercials or fishing for barbel or chub on the river.