Daiwa Ninja v Yank n Bank

Grimberian

I am looking at the 11ft feeder rods, and wondered, is the Ninja a budget version of the Yank N Bank?
My dad uses a Yank N Bank Waggler and loves it, so I was having a look at the Feeders and there is probably a 30 quid difference between the 2, and the Ninja comes with 2 tips not 3.
Any opinions? Ninja seems like a really good option for my first feeder.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Never used either but was in an angling direct this morning as it happens and although neither appeal to me I had a waggle of both as they get mentioned a lot on here and tbh I didn’t feel much difference. Could be completely different in use of course but didn’t feel like a big difference just off a waggle.

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
I have a 10ft YnB and it's quite a stiff backbone, very tippy action.

But it's a joy to play fish on even into the mid teens.

Casts to a clip very well, not much bounce back at all.

Grimberian

Thanks for the feedback guys (sorry late reading this, been away).
What does a 'softer action' translate to in real world terms? I am still trying to learn the lingo. Does it mean there is more bend in the rod when fighting?
Cheers

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
Basically will bend with less effort which means more of a cushioning effect to play fish with. Can usually get away with lighter line on a soft, through actioned rod.

Grimberian

ah I see,
Does that have a knock-on effect with losing fish and hook pulls, or is it more of a preference thing the way I play light weighted darts and my dad plays heavy darts?

lp1886

Site Supporter
Yank n Bank for carp, Ninja if you are targeting a mixed bag.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’d agree from brief waggle I had of them that the ninja felt probably slightly more of an allround rod but it still felt pretty powerful so doubt there’s much in it.

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
It's down to preference I think. For feeder fishing i prefer a tippy action with backbone down the rest of the rod but that's because i feel comfortable letting my wrist and arm absorb any lunges. I couple that with 4lb line too but only because i want to get a bit more distance out of my little 10ft rod and 15g feeder.

If the Ninja is softer it will certainly be more forgiving, less hook pulls, but i cant say i have any hook pulls with the yank n bank really.

I don't think you'll have any problems with either rod. The more and more you use it the more you'll get used to its handling.

rd350lc

I have the ninja 11ft and it's a fantastic bit of kit , landed loads of double figure carp on it and used it for small skimmers too .
Would thoroughly recommend one .

Baldie

I have all the Ninja and Yank n Bank range, match and feeder, Ninja are excellent value and quality I have landed double figure carp on mine, as said the Yank n Bank are slightly stiffer and come with a padded case and rod bands, take the value of the case and bands off and there is little difference in the actual price of the rod.
some great offers on at present on old daiwa rods, Powermesh, connoisseur, Team Daiwa all excellent rods, need to google them.