Daiwa Matchwinner Landing Net handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ren72

After years of using an old metal pole I decided to upgrade to one of these last year.
It's light, strong and certainly looks the part. Despite the threaded bit popping out first time I used it, I was initially happy with my purchase. However, despite being extra careful with the threads ( I read the tournament review) I've now managed to strip them.
3 weeks ago I emailed daiwa regarding the problem to see if I could purchase a new thread, I'm still waiting for the reply.

To overcome the problem I've attached a medium prologic connector using ptfe tape to the end to get a good fit. The pole's fine now although the 3rd section no longer fits into the other two.
Overall I would not recommend this product as it is clearly not fit for the purpose it was intended. If decent brass, pinned threads were fitted it would be fine.

rourke7719

Big Stu
I had this and the thread came loose, fixed that with a bit of araldite but shortly after sorting that out I managed to crush the middle section when landing a fish. I went back to using my old ABU Enticer handle which is telescopic and cost me about 11 quid and its much better.

Last edited by a moderator:

cyanide kid

Site Supporter
I had one,first time using it the screw in bit came out of the handle splitting it.It was not pinned or glued correctly.Bought the drennan extra strong.

hemphead2

hemphead2
the shakespeare skp polestar match 3m 2 piece handle is a superb bit of kit for only 18.I can thouroughly recommend it.

macca63

Went to buy the Airity handle last week after reading all the rave reviews and to replace my 20 year old Daiwa fibreglass handle. If the Airity didn't have Daiwa stamped all over it I would have sworn it was a broom handle ! Was disappointed to say the least, ended up with a Garbolino Netsy take apart, three piece and two threaded heads 27 and saved 60 to boot.

macca63

Wish I'd have forked out for the Airity now, read the other thread about the Netsy....total poop.

matchstickman25

the thread has just come out of my milo landing net pole. its noty been used much. surely they should be pinned in? its a rip off man.

Status
Not open for further replies.