DAIWA MATCH - 20 NINJA - Whats the crack with these reels?

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
I'm looking for a couple of Daiwa Ninja Reels for Feeder fishing And I've come across these at a good deal.
They come with a spare spool and I'm very tempted.

Whats the difference between these and regular Ninjas?

satinet

Site Supporter
This the black/gold one?

I've got one of those in 2500 size. Nice little reel, can't say anything bad about it other than the normal deep spool.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
This the black/gold one?

I've got one of those in 2500 size. Nice little reel, can't say anything bad about it other than the normal deep spool.
Yes mate,
Are they just Ninjas?
I'm a little confused as they also have a Crossfire version.. Lol.

satinet

Site Supporter
Yes mate,
Are they just Ninjas?
I'm a little confused as they also have a Crossfire version.. Lol.
Yes as far as I know.

One spool is gold and one is black. Special edition. I think it's the same otherwise.

The code on the box of mine is nj2500bg. I think I paid about 25 quid for it second hand but unused.

Where have you seen the deal?

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Yes as far as I know.

One spool is gold and one is black. Special edition. I think it's the same otherwise.

The code on the box of mine is nj2500bg. I think I paid about 25 quid for it second hand but unused.

Where have you seen the deal?
£45 each on Total fishing tackle... Considering that other Ninja reels only come with one spool, And Daiwa want £18 for spare spools, This is a cracking deal...

satinet

Site Supporter
£45 each on Total fishing tackle... Considering that other Ninja reels only come with one spool, And Daiwa want £18 for spare spools, This is a cracking deal...
Oh right not bad. Total fishing tackle do a good job in my experience.

Like I say can't really fault it.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Oh right not bad. Total fishing tackle do a good job in my experience.

Like I say can't really fault it.
Eh I might take a punt and grab two of the 3000's. Think the 4000 will be a bit big for my needs...
Cheers, mate.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’ve got 2500 black and gold if that’s the one. Got it in a January sale from bobco a couple years ago for about half price. Don’t think it’s any different to any other ninja of the same age. Nice smooth reel tbh just somehow feels heavier and bulkier
than my shimano Saharas (despite being about the same weight) and is certainly more prone to tangling so I don’t use it that often. Does have a stupidly big/deep spool though.

Last edited: