daiwa jaguar multi quiver dl

Thom

Hi all,

I was buying a Beachcaster from someone selling a load of gear - I found a Daiwa jaguar multi quiver dl in the mix so at £10 had it (I’ll always buy up Daiwa rods at that price!)

I know it’s a bit older but it’s effectively brand new -can anyone give me any info on the rod and their thoughts on it?
It’s been ten years since I fished a bomb/feeder but it feels a nice ledger rod for lighter work and as though it’ll cast a maggot feeder nicely but only short distances however I have no basis for this beyond assembling it and waggling it!

nutmeg

Site Supporter
If l remember correctly the jaguar range of rods by Daiwa were there budget priced range, never owned any of them though so cannot pass judgement on them, but l would say they would do there job ok.

adriang

Site Supporter
I've got one. Lower-medium price range, I reckon early 90's. Green bag, think it's 11 1/2 feet, think it came with 3 tips.

I used to use it for lighter feeder fishing on rivers or far banking for chub on the Glos canal at the Pilot. I distinctly remember a session on the Severn, where we were wading, rods up high catching bream and skimmers.

For a tenner, can't really go wrong.

floatfisher

Site Supporter
I have two of the 10ft versions. One I've shortened and fitted a fuji reel seat so it's 9ft now. Lovely little rods for light feeder and bomb on still waters. Lines from 2lb to 5lb maximum but I've used hooklenghts down to 1.1lb in the past in winter scratching for bits. Best tip to use is the fast taper orange/white sensitive one and you don't get any flat spots where the tip goes in. They will handle bigger fish like tench and carp if you don't try and drag them in.

Marshy

I was looking for kit in garage because after many years going to start a bit of course fishing again found said Diawa 10ft multiquiver but if I remember bit on light side so looking for new quiver rod and reel I am looking at Korum Ambition 11ft and Korum Shadow 3500 reel are they any good can anyone advise Thanks.

adriang

Site Supporter
I was looking for kit in garage because after many years going to start a bit of course fishing again found said Diawa 10ft multiquiver but if I remember bit on light side so looking for new quiver rod and reel I am looking at Korum Ambition 11ft and Korum Shadow 3500 reel are they any good can anyone advise Thanks.
Can't comment on the Korum stuff, but have you seen the Cadence stuff? They have some offers online and their stuff seems well reviewed. From the gear I've seen (but not used), it's pretty good.

Marshy

Have bought the Korum rod and reel seems nice kit well balanced will find out in week going to Kings Nordsley Bridgenorth will then know for sure.