Daiwa Jacket - Bargain?

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Bought a pair of Tactical trousers from wish... utter schite... not made of the material advertised, thin and deffo not waterproof, and belt loops fell off... couldn't be arsed sending em back to China... put it down to experienc, won't use em again

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I've looked at a few suits. Trakker ones and so on. Some of them look quite warm but not sure about the waterproofness. I'm looking at Bergahus 'Fellmaster' jackets at the moment.
Imax brilliant ,water proof and warm

nejohn

Site Supporter
I wear a HH Jacket (Helly Hanson) at the moment and it's not waterproof, have been soaked through wearing it.
Get yourself one of these, I have a Halkon Hunt which is locked in my office so bought one of these to get me over lock down and it is brilliant the quality is up there with the best, very waterproof and breathable, really well designed with pockets in the right places and for £35 an absolute bargain

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
If it seems too good to be true...........
you know the rest

SeanB

Site Supporter
I've had the daiwa suit for a few years, never let me down, only minor issue is that because it isn't breathable you can get condensation on the inside, more of an issue when it's warm (I wear the salopettes in summer to keep my legs dry when landing fish).
Other than that I love mine.

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
Well, there is a Daiwa jacket and B/B that is a real bargain.
I have a set and cannot fault it. And that's from someone who used to be involved in the mountaineering industry and knows something about waterproofs

TrickyD

Site Supporter
The problem with ordering blind online, is that sizes vary. I have several coats/jackets, the sizes vary from medium to 2XL, they all fit. I bought a Helikon Tex one , they gave measurements across the back.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Well, there is a Daiwa jacket and B/B that is a real bargain.
I have a set and cannot fault it. And that's from someone who used to be involved in the mountaineering industry and knows something about waterproofs

That looks like it would have been a better buy than the one I ordered from AD. Doh! o_O

I ordered a large size and reckon that should fit me at 5'11 and 12 stone. All I need now is a pair of Skee Tex and I should be toasty.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I bought the daiwa matchwinner, although, I have not had chance to test it yet the quality seems to be very good. One minor problem is that the leg bottoms are not wide enough to go over my Baffin Titans so they have to be tucked in.

Hillswood46

Site Supporter
Only the xl left in lough Conn, im 6ft 15 and half stone lump would xl fit. Wore an old Craighopper Medium size on river Shannon yesterday its frayed and past its sell by date! Sizing is all over the shop these days better to fit. Was thinking could get lucky in tk maxx!

rudd

Site Supporter
Cant fault Sundridge/Daiwa bib/brace.
Have reltex for coarse and SAS for beach both sets well over 20 years old, still warm and waterproof.
Have lighter drennen drenchware for summer.

ben carvosso

Only the xl left in lough Conn, im 6ft 15 and half stone lump would xl fit. Wore an old Craighopper Medium size on river Shannon yesterday its frayed and past its sell by date! Sizing is all over the shop these days better to fit. Was thinking could get lucky in tk maxx!
I'm roughly same size 6ft 15ish stone and have the xl lough conn jacket and it's a perfect fit. Unbelievable value. I got the waders too. Missed out on the bib and brace

nejohn

Site Supporter
I am about the same size, I originally ordered the xl and it fit OK but I exchanged it for a xxl so it would give me lots of room for layering and to be honest there is not a lot of difference between the xl and the xxl, maybe a little more room over the shoulders but not much else

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
The Daiwa suit I ordered in size L arrived today. The bib and brace just about fits without being too big, I wouldn't want to be an inch shorter with that but the jacket is fine and has room for layers underneath. Feels nice and warn, will have to try it out more this winter.