Daiwa Jacket - Bargain?

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Nice jacket, Not a chance this jacket was ever selling a£450 though. I'm tempted to buy one myself at £34.00.
I do question authenticity on branded products selling on sites like Wish though.

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
My missus ordered a couple of really cheap “Daiwa” hoodies from Wish for me. They are not Daiwa,they are very cheap Chinese copies. Wearable but not the real thing. May be ok but I wouldn’t risk it if it was me.

carphauler

Roachhauler
You'll probably find Wish is like Ali express which is fake stuff, the Daiwa jacket photo is maybe photo shopped from this.
The Daiwa has a mountain range on the inside label which looks odd.
61yfpMFPO7L._AC_UX385_.jpg

Last edited:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I wear a HH Jacket (Helly Hanson) at the moment and it's not waterproof, have been soaked through wearing it.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I think I might get myself a proper fishing jacket for this winter. The ski jacket type thing I usually wear is too bulky, I feel like the Michelin man in it 😂

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Can't afford Halkon Hunt that seems to get recommended a lot so I'm going to go for either a 'Gore-Tex' Berghaus or Army Surplus maybe.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I think I might go all out and get a full suit if I can find a reasonably priced decent one.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I've looked at a few suits. Trakker ones and so on. Some of them look quite warm but not sure about the waterproofness. I'm looking at Bergahus 'Fellmaster' jackets at the moment.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Ah well I've decided I'm going for this. Not much more expensive than the jacket listed in the OP.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you aren't bothered about the 'must have' labels, have a look at Regatta Clothing, their waterproof gear is a lot cheaper than Gortex but does what it says on the tin

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Ah well I've decided I'm going for this. Not much more expensive than the jacket listed in the OP.

I’ve got one of those suits. You will not be cold or wet