daiwa halkon hunt

slaner

Site Supporter
today's rain certainly put them through the test, 6 hours in torrid weather and bone dry, my 1st time out in them and worth every penny, took me a few years to take the plunge because of the outlay etc but well worth it, should of done it years ago.

WrightyM

Agreed. I got a Dawia Tournament HH bib and brace in Veals sale 3 years ago - have been brilliant

johng19

me@home.com
Site Supporter
I ain't got HH and not had that much trouble and managed for the last 25 years.

slaner

Site Supporter
fishy medic you will def not be disappointed, some ppl won't part with the money and put up with getting wet etc but ask anyone who owns halkon hunt stuff and i'm sure not one not one of them has a bad word to say about the stuff, yes we all know it's expensive but for me it's money well spent to know i will be dry and comfortable when fishing

floatfisher

Site Supporter
I agree with Slaner. I bought the Daiwa Halkon Hunt bib and brace over two years ago and it's top notch kit.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I agree with everyone else, until you have to really test it you don't appreciate it, I wore mine while doing some trials on the canadian prarie, it absolutly hammered down for 8 solid hours in driving wind, all of the army guys had the MOD issue Gortex, come the end of the day I was the only one that had dry clothes on underneath

Rick123

Site Supporter
I too brought a Daiwa bib and coat, not the top HH but £150 as it was for summer, being light. Amazing piece of kit from Daiwa. Would like to see the HH in the flesh.

Rich.

fredradac

Site Supporter
Treated myself to a HH bib n brace made to measure for my 60th birthday and 12 years later it is still helping to keep me dry. Although the colour coordination leaves something to be desired the Gortex coat from Boundary Mill 2 years later goes with it brilliantly (if I do say so myself). The occasional wash and reproof with the Nikwax stuff keeps them doing the job.

Tomboy22

Site Supporter
Ditto got the HH Daiwa pole jacket, bib and brace plus trousers bought it years ago, so good had Sandra make me anothe set in my choice of colours as a spare set.

lp1886

Site Supporter
I agree it’s nice to stay bone dry, but when I get home I still have a shower and put clean clothes on. So what difference does it make?

Banded_Nipple

I agree it’s nice to stay bone dry, but when I get home I still have a shower and put clean clothes on. So what difference does it make?

Because it's comfortable at the time.

Why wear shoes all day when you can walk barefoot, you're just going to take them off when you get home ;)

lp1886

Site Supporter
Because it's comfortable at the time.

Why wear shoes all day when you can walk barefoot, you're just going to take them off when you get home ;)
I’m not saying don’t wear anything. What I’m saying is why do we go to the extent of wanting 100% waterproof clothing - and paying a hefty price for it.

marcusp

Seems a daft question to me. Why would you not want to be 100% dry.
The thought of fishing a 5hr match in January in the rain and sitting there with wet clothing I think answers your question.

If your dry and comfortable you fish better and can concentrate on your days fishing.
Why close the windows in your house and have central heating when you could just sit there cold !

carpole

Bought Jacket and Bib and Brace.Jacket 100% dry Bib and brace leaked returned to supplier and they tested it supplied me with another one in less than a week.Don't get customer service like that with any other anling clothing.Spent a fair amount on other waterproofs and they don't want to change them.

mikeb511

Site Supporter
HI i have Daiwa staff and for me it is:mad: rubbish leeking from day 3 of putting it on not happy so now i have north face very good (y)

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
HI i have Daiwa staff and for me it is:mad: rubbish leeking from day 3 of putting it on not happy so now i have north face very good (y)

@mikeb511 Have you attempted to resolve this issue with Daiwa? and if so what was the outcome?
I have a made to measure Halkon Hunt Pole Jacket + Bib & Brace and it has been nothing other than exemplary in the way it has performed in the 3 years since I purchased it.

carphauler

@mikeb511 Have you attempted to resolve this issue with Daiwa? and if so what was the outcome?
I have a made to measure Halkon Hunt Pole Jacket + Bib & Brace and it has been nothing other than exemplary in the way it has performed in the 3 years since I purchased it.

The issue would need sorting out with HH not Daiwa, through the shop they were purchased from.
If I'd spent all that money on Staff HH, there's no way I would not sort it out, NF gear is for walking not fishing.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
The issue would need sorting out with HH not Daiwa, through the shop they were purchased from.
If I'd spent all that money on Staff HH, there's no way I would not sort it out, NF gear is for walking not fishing.

Exactly, but in this case it's down to the retailer to deal with Daiwa in the first place and for Daiwa to then take it up with Halkon Hunt as they are merely the manufacturer of the product for Daiwa(y) a notable difference between the Daiwa and Guru Gortex in that if you purchase the Guru Gortex you actually order it direct from Halkon Hunt whereas the Daiwa is marketed through their own dealers.;)