Daiwa Duo Infinity Mono

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beebs

I have just replaced the Maxima chameleon line on my Shimano reels with the above. I have always had a problem with line getting thrown of the spool with Maxima and assumed that it was something to do with my reel.

I tried the Duo Infinity and the results are like night and day. No problems at all with it spooling off. The difference in diameter between 14lb bs Infinity and 10lb bs Maxima is amazing.

I have now bought 10lb bs Duo infinity for my spare spools and it looks like 4lb bs Maxima.

DJ.gif

Beebs

I think it's about 15 for 1400 or 1200 metres, depending on what BS you're after. I filled 2 spools of 5000GTE baitrunners with 14lb and I've still got a load of line left over.

If you're not having a problem with Maxima, there's probably not much point changing for the sake of it. "If it 'aint broke don't fix it" as they say.

One thing I can't guarantee is if it's been pre-stretched, which might account for its low diameter. Daiwa recommend replacing with the same diameter and not the same BS, giving you a lot more hefty line for the same size, but I like the idea of using the same BS for a lot thinner line.

Status
Not open for further replies.