Daiwa Dissapointment !

Gwillim

So looking to update some of my gear and have always been a Daiwa fan from an early age, so I start looking into how im going to kit things out as im moving from using a seat box to a chair for mobility reasons as I have a spinal problem so thinking about terminal tackle, reels and the like I thought I would get myself one of the new carryall type bags which would fit enough gear and bait for a session, so having been out of the angling picture for a couple of years started looking around and noticed the new EVA range of goods from Guru, do a bit of research and they appear to be really good quality and worth the money so calculate how many of what i'll need and how much it will sting the pocket along with a new chair and a few bits to go with it (not that many as my octoplus stuff is still good enough for me) then out of the blue I start getting bombarded with adverts for Diawa N Zon EVA Luggage receiving promo emails, Facebook ads and so on so think great Daiwa have caught up and are now offering EVA luggage as well as everyone else I wonder how much theirs is................. well it looks like i'll have to just wonder because as far as I can tell it hasn't even been released even though they are promoting it and have it at the shows and on Facebook etc as its not listed on their site and none of the messages I have sent asking when it will be available and what the prices are have been answered!

Very disappointed with a brand I have stuck with for many years.

carpole

Smilar thing happened to with the Guru top kit case looks good on you tube but hasn't been any in the shops.Regarding Guru EVA luggage I have the Guru Fusion base top bit of kit.Like the fact the bottom part unclips and has a see through panel.

Gwillim

Thanks ukzero1 did that through the contact us on their website but it must have got lost in the mail :( along with my Facebook messages, just a shame after being such a long standing supporter right back to my teen's when i was part of a sponsored team fishing all around Europe, their loss (which being the size of company that they are they wont notice lol but anyway) as not knowing when it will be available I purchase the Guru EVA Luggage as it has good reviews.

Gwillim

Smilar thing happened to with the Guru top kit case looks good on you tube but hasn't been any in the shops.Regarding Guru EVA luggage I have the Guru Fusion base top bit of kit.Like the fact the bottom part unclips and has a see through panel.
Thanks good to know (y)

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Not sure what sort of kit you're after, but have a look at Korum stuff, very well thought out tackle and accessories.

Gwillim

Not sure what sort of kit you're after, but have a look at Korum stuff, very well thought out tackle and accessories.

Yeah getting the Korum X25 Deluxe accessory chair and there's some of their stuff ill be having but I do like the EVA sets which unfortunately they don't do enough of a range of yet :)

Northantslad

'Any indications?
If it doesn't have to be matching gear, then spread across different manufacturers for different things, I think for example, whilst I favour shimano when it comes to reels, Diawa have a following too when it comes to reels and also rods. I can't be sure, but may be Diawa have left the market you refer to alone, knowing that they do ok on the higher end priced kit (rods/reels/larger items of luggage).

As said above when it comes to chairs that can be tailored for all manner of different tactics, then Korum for me too.

Taking the sort of fishing I do the most of at present-River Barbelling, I use a range of kit across what I have found to be reliable and up to the job, Korum plays a large part in that for me granted, but not because it says Korum on it, but because in this case, I feel they have nailed it for that type of fishing. By the same token, it isn't all Korum.

It sounds like you may be looking for practicality too, the ruck bag they bought out recently, fits my lightweight chair that is the years old version for carrying-fair play to them- I didn't have to buy new chair and bag in order to be compatible. You could look at this for your fishing too. The guru EVA stuff would fit in the Korum bag, just as a way of suggesting that things don't have to match, practicality and up to the job are my first criteria.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
This is fairly common across the more savvy side of the angling media monster now.
I get asked frequently for new this and new that and when I explain that its something that is not available but might be available shortly they look at me as if to say thats an excuse because you dont have it.....
In the case of N'zon it is a full range of feeder equipment from rods to everything else and with few exceptions nobody will have seen it in the UK until the trade shows begin next month. It has been launched at a big show on the continent where it won a prize but until I have seen it and the pricing I am no wiser than you.
I did ask one of the media people why they promoted this way and the surprisingly honest answer was that promotion creates demand which in turn creates enquiries to shops which then encourages the shops to order it because they have had lots of people asking about it because its been hyped up online and via targeted advertising.
You can avoid all that advertising by restricting google access to your device and various other means like facebook purity if you use a PC if you do not want so see the adverts.

Gwillim

@Northantslad practicality and usability comes first for me also i'm not a tackle tart for sure, although all my luggage and box did match that was only due to the fact that it came as a set many moons ago when I purchased it, already had a Daiwa box and then the holdall, stink bag etc all came together, but then the mice attacked my nets and bag so that has now become a Middy bag and nets as they were doing a deal for bag, carp net and silvers net plus commercial landing net head, my main interest in the Guru EVA stuff has been feedback from other people, reviews and the practicality of cleaning etc and will certainly take another look at the Korum bags (y)

@Ken the Pacman don't get me wrong I understand promoting things beforehand etc but not to the extent that they cant or wont say when the stuff is going to be available and how much its going to cost, the lack of response from the various forms of media is also what has got up my nose to be honest, just don't see the point in this tactic as they are already behind the game with various others already having their product in the market, due to my years of using their kit and not having had any issues if they had said yeah it will be available in say 3 months and the pricing will be competitive with the current market I would probably have thought great just in time for Xmas the kids can buy me a few bits of that... result! But now not knowing I will go and purchase the Guru kit as its had personal recommendation which has been confirmed by reviews and others on the forum.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Funny enough Guru are one of the worst at promoting things they dont have, you will not be disappointed with the Guru luggage as it is very good, expensive but certainly as good as anybody elses gear of the same type, the only issues we have had is the unhooking mats splitting along the edges but everybody who has bought the luggage has been very happy with it, I would not be surprised if the Daiwa stuff was sourced from the same manufacturer in china.

Louis D

Site Supporter
No different to other companies, Guru have been mentioned but Preston, Matrix, Drennan also guilty recently. I can't get worked up about it, they're no different to any other industry - as said above, you tease and create interest which means early sales. Often this is driven by folks who have seen the advertising and not the product and just parrot the hype. Happy days for the manufacturers.

Gwillim

Funny enough Guru are one of the worst at promoting things they dont have, you will not be disappointed with the Guru luggage as it is very good, expensive but certainly as good as anybody elses gear of the same type, the only issues we have had is the unhooking mats splitting along the edges but everybody who has bought the luggage has been very happy with it, I would not be surprised if the Daiwa stuff was sourced from the same manufacturer in china.
Thanks Ken don't need a mat already have one and wont be buying one just to make it match lol and the Guru EVA pouches etc may yet end up in a Korum bag will all depend on what works best for me, when it comes to buying things I have always been a believer in you get what you pay for and buying decent rather than cheap or just because of a name no matter what it is and i'm not in the scene any longer so appearance and sponsor hunting are long past being on my radar comfort and pleasure fishing and enjoying retirement is now my target :) (y)

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
It's nothing more than a marketing strategy. Tease a product well in advance of release and whip up demand. Hopefully, plenty of pre-orders follow and entire container(s) full are sold very shortly after release. The subsequent scarcity of product can then create more demand which justifies the brand ordering more containers full.

Irishhybrids

Site Supporter
Well , if your after new kit that the companies are starting to push then you will be disappointed with all companies , it’s that time of year when they give you teasers of things to come , think you need to get real , it’s called Marketing anD happens in all walks of life , unfair to criticise Daiwa as they are all at it ..

Gwillim

Well , if your after new kit that the companies are starting to push then you will be disappointed with all companies , it’s that time of year when they give you teasers of things to come , think you need to get real , it’s called Marketing anD happens in all walks of life , unfair to criticise Daiwa as they are all at it ..

Maybe you should read all of the posts as for a start i'm not after new kit they are starting to push I quite clearly stated I had done research and was going to buy Guru EVA products when I then started receiving adverts and links both in email and social media format for the N Zon products which then drew my attention to Diawa so before telling me to get real maybe you should do some reading, of course i'm aware of marketing and how it works but you would at the very least expect a company the size of Diawa to know when their own product would be available for sale, their all at it are they? well that's funny as I have had no marketing material from any other company in recent weeks months for anything that isn't available or doesn't have a date of when it will be available and its not like I haven't tried to find out and give Diawa the opportunity as I have contacted them both through their website and their social media outlets to no avail, so I think I have every right to criticise Diawa.

Irishhybrids

Site Supporter
Daiwa do not just send our random emails to all unsundrie , you would of registered for updates via a mailing list ,seems you don’t have a clue what your talking about , the majority of kit being released by Matrix and Preston is not available yet or any time soon ,

Gwillim

Seems like you don't have a clue in that mailing lists are sold all the time for a million things you do or don't want otherwise you wouldn't have a junk folder and get spam email, But STILL you miss the point ........... THEY HAVEN'T EVEN REPLIED!!! ok have you got that yet? THEY HAVE NOT REPLIED!!! also happy enough to launch their kit in Europe (the whole range has been shown in Europe from rods to luggage etc etc etc) so surely they would have some idea of when the launch for the UK would be and when it would be coming to market, its not like they planned it last week down the shed over a pie and a can of special brew!
So just in case you missed it ........... THEY HAVE NOT REPLIED!!! and having been an avid Diawa supporter for more then 30 years I find it very disappointing to not get a response to multiple initiated contacts.

This will be my last response to you as you have your opinion and I have mine and I find their behaviour thus far very disappointing which I have expressed to Akihiko Kishi

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
Gwillim,
I'd really not worry about it. Que sera, sera. There's a fair chance that Daiwa UK don't actually know when the new stuff might arrive in the UK. Even if they do, there's no cast iron guarantee that it'll get through customs in any set time frame if it's on a slow boat from China. Given the possibility of Brexit induced chaos, they may just be playing their cards close to their chest. If they gave a timescale that they didn't meet, even through no fault of their own, people would play hell with them for that too. Maybe they've read your correspondence and chosen to ignore it, or can't give an answer. There's also the chance that no one has read it.

Gwillim

Sam agreed (y)
It's just a whinge, its not the be all and end all of my life, just a whinge that I feel is justified as I am disappointed and feel let down by a brand I supported is all, it wont kill me or anyone else so its no biggie and I will go out and purchase whatever IS available most probably the Guru stuff for reasons previously stated. But I will defend my right to have a whinge just as anyone else on here is entitled to have a whinge/moan when they feel let down, peeved or whatever else they might feel and also willing to accept others points of view on the situation but didn't take to Mr Hybrids tone.