DAIWA CERTATE LINE CLIP

G20

Site Supporter
It’s maddening when you pay £400 plus on a reel and the manufacturer can’t help. I’m not looking at Daiwa in the same light now. They could have been more helpful. What’s a couple of line clips to Daiwa ? 🙄
Probably made in China....that's why

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
I still think that company is wrong about fitment, this looks identical to replace a plastic clip.

Screenshot_20210218-143354_Chrome.jpg s-l640.jpg

With the Certate spools it's a round hole rather than a flat slot.

Do you have a vernier caliper @GGJD69 ? Be interesting to know the diameter of the hole incase one of these would fit:

richox12

Probably made in China....that's why
So what. Doesn't matter where they are made. If it's an after sales service part which could be easily fitted by the angler then all they have to do is get 50pcs either posted to themselves or get 50pcs included with a shipment and just keep them as spares. It's not difficult whatever.

I suspect they cannot be bothered to open a box and 'rob' one from a new reel to post to the desperate customer and get that in turn replaced so they can offer the reel for sale again. I suspect they'd rather sell expensive spools than offer a good service. That's how it seems.

I really am amazed.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
With the Certate spools it's a round hole rather than a flat slot.

Do you have a vernier caliper @GGJD69 ? Be interesting to know the diameter of the hole incase one of these would fit:

Are the holes definitely round, problem is, it's not clear from the photos which shape they are so people can only guess at how to replace or convert, there's ways around the problem either way.

GGJD69

Managed to do one. **** me, fidgety or what. Took me 2 hours. Dare not start the other. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 15

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Half hour this one. Saved me £170 on 2 new spools. Really proud of myself as I’m normally useless at this type of thing. Thanks guys.

Definitely look like better clips than the originals.