DAIWA CERTATE LINE CLIP

GGJD69

Hi guys
The line clip on 2 of my spools has broken off. New spools are about £80 each. Can anyone fix mine for me as DAIWA won’t. They want me to buy new spools. Obviously I’ll pay
Cheers
GGJD

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
You have a picture of the spool and the broken part(s)?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
You’ve got a certate and Daiwa won’t repair it ? That’s not on. These reels cost a fortune. That’s not good from Daiwa is that. 😡

Could you put a picture up. Someone maybe able to help matey.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Quite agree. All they probably have to do is post out the line clip assembly
That’s not good customer relations at all is it ? I’ve had nothing but a brilliant service from Daiwa in the past. I’m shocked and disappointed.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
That’s not good customer relations at all is it ? I’ve had nothing but a brilliant service from Daiwa in the past. I’m shocked and disappointed.

To be fair in most parts manuals i've seen they list the spool as a single item and not broken down into its individual components. So i'm guessing they're going on that.

Hi guys
The line clip on 2 of my spools has broken off. New spools are about £80 each. Can anyone fix mine for me as DAIWA won’t. They want me to buy new spools. Obviously I’ll pay
Cheers
GGJD

This firm might be worth contacting Custom Fishing Reel Servicing | Weston Developments

They mainly service reels but do line clip conversions and stuff so worth bunging them an email with a picture of your spools so they can see the line clips and tell you if they can do anything with them.

*EDIT* also this firm: Repairs | Future Reel Servicing | Newark

Last edited:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
To be fair in most parts manuals i've seen they list the spool as a single item and not broken down into its individual components. So i'm guessing they're going on that.

This firm might be worth contacting Custom Fishing Reel Servicing | Weston Developments

They mainly service reels but do line clip conversions and stuff so worth bunging them an email with a picture of your spools so they can see the line clips and tell you if they can do anything with them.
Brilliant info is that. 👍

I’ve only Shimanos myself. ( poor northerner ) but, I do have a spare spool if he thinks he could butcher the line clip off it and use that. 🤷‍♂️

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
If he has Certate LT (current model) then it has one of the garbage plastic rectangle line clips, which is a shame on a £400 reel.

certate_lt2500d-4.jpg

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
If it had a HIP clip i'm sure the big boys would be using these instead of TDR's.

richox12

I'd just ring Daiwa and ask them to post me the clip assembly (assuming it can easily be fitted). I can't believe that such a company of that standing with a reel of that price wouldn't simply go to the stores and 'rob' one to post to you. In turn they can get replacements themselves whenever they want.

I'd be amazed if they didn't hold some basic spares themselves. It's common sense and good customer service.

Paul.P

This is the sort of problem i had with daiwa when trying to buy a bail arm for an Airity reel, they damn near wanted as much as i payed for the reel !, they do sell good products but you definitely pay a lot more for the name.

GGJD69

You’ve got a certate and Daiwa won’t repair it ? That’s not on. These reels cost a fortune. That’s not good from Daiwa is that. 😡

Could you put a picture up. Someone maybe able to help matey.
How do I get pics on here