Daiwa Cast'izm Feeder reel

PAB

Site Supporter
I cant find any info on this reel has it got double handle option? will the handle fold? what is the RRP? has it got QD? can you back wind? where do I find these things out? tackle shops don't appear to know.

JayBee

Site Supporter
Is this helpful?
or this

Try phoning they have reputation for being helpful

Daiwa Sports Ltd
Netherton Industrial Estate, Wishaw, ML2 0EY.
T: +44 (0)1698 355 723 // F:+44 (0)1698 372 505// E: info@daiwasports.co.uk

Last edited:

PAB

Site Supporter
Is this helpful?
or this
I have seen that thank you but I don't think it answers my questions

lambrettasx200

As it's QDA it's got quick drag what I don't know is if it's got automatic closing of the bail arm because the larger TDR Feeder reel you have to close the bail arm manually

sjmclean

I cant find any info on this reel has it got double handle option? will the handle fold? what is the RRP? has it got QD? can you back wind? where do I find these things out? tackle shops don't appear to know.

QD is in the name, which means it does.

I've never seen a double handle option and since it's a distance reel, I'd doubt it does.

Yes you can back wind, I've never seen a fixed spool reel you can't back wind on.

The bail arm doesn't close automatically when trying to reel, which is an important feature of Diawa's distance casting reels.

According to the Angling Direct the RRP is £385, but you should be able to pick them up for about £250. The TDR design one and brand new one may differ.

I have used them pretty extensively in the past, and if I switch my focus to natural water feeder fishing this year then will invest in these. A work of art and work perfectly.

sjmclean

As it's QDA it's got quick drag what I don't know is if it's got automatic closing of the bail arm because the larger TDR Feeder reel you have to close the bail arm manually

Hi,

the handle doesn't flip automatically, this is a key feature to big casting reels.

PAB

Site Supporter
QD is in the name, which means it does.

I've never seen a double handle option and since it's a distance reel, I'd doubt it does.

Yes you can back wind, I've never seen a fixed spool reel you can't back wind on.

The bail arm doesn't close automatically when trying to reel, which is an important feature of Diawa's distance casting reels.

According to the Angling Direct the RRP is £385, but you should be able to pick them up for about £250. The TDR design one and brand new one may differ.

I have used them pretty extensively in the past, and if I switch my focus to natural water feeder fishing this year then will invest in these. A work of art and work perfectly.
I am talking about the NEW DAIWA CAST'IZM FEEDER 25QD FISHING REEL - 19CTZM25QD which appears to be selling for about £200 NOT the QDA.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
The feeder version of the Castizm has a single handle that screws in, it is quick drag and has an anti reverse switch so basically a very similar reel to the original version but lighter in weight and a shallower spool and a lot cheaper around £225
The TDR distance is also close to it but comes with two spools which is the difference in the price everything except the colour and price seems the same.
Any tackle dealer who has attended any of the Daiwa trade shows where this reel was launched would have seen it, they are at Barston today as it happens but the new daiwa trade catalogue is only just being posted out so the details of all the newer product will be a bit sketchy for a while.

PAB

Site Supporter
The feeder version of the Castizm has a single handle that screws in, it is quick drag and has an anti reverse switch so basically a very similar reel to the original version but lighter in weight and a shallower spool and a lot cheaper around £225
The TDR distance is also close to it but comes with two spools which is the difference in the price everything except the colour and price seems the same.
Any tackle dealer who has attended any of the Daiwa trade shows where this reel was launched would have seen it, they are at Barston today as it happens but the new daiwa trade catalogue is only just being posted out so the details of all the newer product will be a bit sketchy for a while.

thankyou sorry to be a nuisance .

PAB

Site Supporter
I am sorry to cause anybody any bother and I don't want to cause a drama I just thought someone may be able to clear things up and help I received a post advertising the just arrive in the UK ''THE NEW DAIWA CAST'IZM FEEDER 25QD FISHING REEL - 19CTZM25QD'' made especially for the UK feeder fishing market and only just out in the shops. is this not a new model?

Irishhybrids

Site Supporter
Agree with Mike , the XTD are twice the daiwa, not sure weight is an issue given it’s on the rest most of time , but I’m not surprised as Marcus is a Daiwa sheep.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
I would disagree that the XTD is better than the Daiwa Castizm and I have used both but the TDr Distance is a better feeder reel than either.

Irishhybrids

Site Supporter
The extra cost involved between the daiwa and Shimano is a major factor though , I do not believe the daiwa is £100 better a Reel .