Daiwa Amorphous Whisker Harrier Feeder rod 11-13ft

Freesolo82

Daiwa Amorphous Whisker Harrier Match Stillwater Combo Feeder AWL 1113SW Soft, Medium,Heavy Interchangeable 11 -13 ft

Hi I have this rod and would like to know a bit about it, what type of feeder fishing I could use it for and how it performs also interested in the value as I may sell it on if its not for me.

Thanks

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Daiwa Amorphous Whisker Harrier Match Stillwater Combo Feeder AWL 1113SW Soft, Medium,Heavy Interchangeable 11 -13 ft

Hi I have this rod and would like to know a bit about it, what type of feeder fishing I could use it for and how it performs also interested in the value as I may sell it on if its not for me.

Thanks
Is this the one with the maroon guide whippings ? The heavier rod has green whippings. If it’s the lighter of the two rods it will be brilliant for long range feeder work. Just be careful when you get a fish to the net as these old rods aren’t as forgiving as the new rods that are available. Price wise .... how long is a piece of string ? Anything between £80 and £100 if it is in real good condition. Hope this helps. ?

Freesolo82

Is this the one with the maroon guide whippings ? The heavier rod has green whippings. If it’s the lighter of the two rods it will be brilliant for long range feeder work. Just be careful when you get a fish to the net as these old rods aren’t as forgiving as the new rods that are available. Price wise .... how long is a piece of string ? Anything between £80 and £100 if it is in real good condition. Hope this helps. ?

Thanks for all this great information mate I appreciate it (y) Just checked the whippings and they are maroon. I don't fish at range really if I'm honest so was thinking of fishing @ 11ft for Skimmers and Bream but I am concerned it might be a bit heavy for what I am thinking

Nicky Dodds

Unless you skimmers are the bottletop variety then it will be more than adequate for what you want. I should imagine it's what it was designed for.

Arch

Site Supporter

Thanks

You sir, own one of the very best Bream rods ever made. Totally suitable for the fishing you're going to be doing.

Nah, that's rubbish actually, I'll give you £20 to take it of your hands.........

;););)

Arch

Site Supporter
Drennan quiver tips also fit the Daiwa, so there is a massive choice of spare tips available. On of my favorite ones is a Daiwa fast taper, not sure of the size, but it has a small red and white whipping on the tip end. Very nice tip.

I've got two AWLs 11/13 sw. Lovely rods, you'll not be disappointed.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
All of the above advice is spot on. Dont be afraid to give it some welly if need be. You'll not break it. Like Arch says ... One of the best rods Daiwa have ever made. I have two of these myself and four of the heavier ones. The heavier version is probably the best rod for the Trent thats ever been made. ( my opinion ). I'll up Arch's offer .... £21, a bag of brown crumb, a pint of casters and I'll show you Nicky Dodds favourite peg on the Aire & Calder. It must be, he lived there all last summer. ?????

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
I have two of these, brilliant rods, the three tips you get with it are glass, I don’t think you can get a carbon tip to fit these rods

Nicky Dodds

All of the above advice is spot on. Dont be afraid to give it some welly if need be. You'll not break it. Like Arch says ... One of the best rods Daiwa have ever made. I have two of these myself and four of the heavier ones. The heavier version is probably the best rod for the Trent thats ever been made. ( my opinion ). I'll up Arch's offer .... £21, a bag of brown crumb, a pint of casters and I'll show you Nicky Dodds favourite peg on the Aire & Calder. It must be, he lived there all last summer. ?????
Plus a big bar of dairy milk...

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Original Drennan size tips in glass or carbon fit not Acolyte range normal ones but the Acolyte distance feeder ones do as do some of the earlier Shimano tips.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
For some reason l have 5 of these rods, just seem to come across them and couldnt resist the temptation to buy lol, boughtmy first one for fishing in ireland, canot fault them, have used them on and off for over 20 years, would like to have fuji reel seats put on them but l never could find anybody local to me who would, or could do the job for me. Great for fishing at range on reservoirs, but a great feeder rod that has stood the test of time, and still sell for decent money on ebay.

Freesolo82

Thank you everyone for your input much appreciated, I am going to hold on to the rod though the swap for a dairy milk was tempting :D, I only have 1 tip so am going to buy a few new ones, what do you recommend?

Arch

Site Supporter
I think mine are 3/4, 1,1 1/2, and 2oz. That about covers my Bream fishing. A mixture of Dawia and Drennan tips.

Arch

Site Supporter
Drennan do do Carbon tips that will fit. However, IMO the rod performs better with Glass tips.

I've got some Carbon tips for the heavy version of the AWL. I use those on the river. All the Drennan slow and fast taper tips will fit either AWL rod.

Arch

Site Supporter
I bought the 6oz tip for the heavy version. That IS a stiff tip. Generally use the 4oz on the Trent near me.

Freesolo82

Alright lads I have decided to sell the rod and thought I would offer it here before it goes on Ebay,

The rod is mint but only has 1 tip I am afraid but but I am open to offers and can post for £15

Feel free to PM me if you are interested