Daiwa 19 TDM reel

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
On Daiwa website now. Looks like the less refined (cheaper) sister of the TDR.

QD, HIP clip, one touch fold EVA handle.

19tdm2508qd_6.jpg

Anyone considering one for next year? Shame it's not an LT version.

Weight is pretty much identical to the TDR, so who would spend the extra on a TDR when this comes out unless they just like the TDR colours? Must be a new (better?) TDR (or TDX) in the works methinks.

Last edited:

nejohn

Site Supporter
I have the 2 previous model TDM's and they are both very good reels, yes the TDR's and TDX's are excellent but I couldn't justify paying over double the amount I paid for a TDM to get a very small increase in quality and performance. IMO the TDM is one of the best quality match reels on the market for reasonable money with an RRP of around £150 they can however be found for less than £100 and at that price they are a bargain

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
I love my TDMs, silver, gold and red incarnations. But especially the gold for float fishing as I find when easing the drag I can play the spool with the finger just like the old days of the Browning Graphite. I only use the red ones in 4012 for feeder fishing.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Agree with @nejohn & @oldmanriver 3012 TDM suits me down to the ground, can't see a reason to buy a TDR or 19 TDM. If there is a spate of Gold 3012 TDM's going to be up for sale on Ebay etc I might just treat myself. :)

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
I might sell my TDM black and gold versions and get some TDR for the quick drag versions.

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
Goodness me, someone on eBay is trying to sell 5 yes 5 ! TDM 3012 (gold) reels. WHY ?? Surely if you were going to sell 5 yes 5 ! you would sell one at the time getting competitive bids on one and not giving choice by offering more for buyers thus lowering amount of bids. (you know what I mean). Not to mention why change a great float fishing reel or 5 yes 5 !.
BTW se there are Daiwa Ninjas all sizes, models and including LTs for under £40 from "fishing mad" good company to deal with, if you are after one.
I suppose the imminent influx of new variations of these reels are the reasons for this sell off.
Good job I have what I need.