Daiwa 11/13 Amorphous ultra heavy feeder rod

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
I think some of the Maver tips fit, but as suggested by others, it would be wise to take your carrier section to verify. My own opinion is that of the two tips that come as standard with the ‘heavy’ version, only the carbon one matches the carrier section. To be fair, the rod performs great dor long range fishing with heavier feeders, and it was for this that I originally bought the rod. I have other versions of it - the Whisker Kevlar (WKL 1113 QT and WKL 1113 QTF), and the Lightning (LCL 1113 QT). For anything remotely less demanding, I use other rods better suited to the glass tips, as the carrier sections use a blend of materials better suited to their use. I’m a bit fussy about how the tip blends/transfers into the blank, you might have guessed!
Hi Ravey ... I've not come across the QT version of the whisker kevlar ... is it a stillwater version like in the Amorphous range? I've got three of the QTF version, the first of which I've had since just after the Div 3 national on the Trent in 1989 (borrowed "Bag Up"s for the match itself after drawing at Hoveringham).
In your opinion is there much difference between the QTF and the Amorphous?

Dropon

You’re gonna tell me next you’ve got a brand new Amorphous 11 / 13’ up in your loft aren’t ya ? I know you …… and it’s not for sale. 😩😩.
I have an Amorphous 11/13 ultra heavy feeder , Connosier cn xl in very good condition. My river days are over,sadly willing to sell.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I have an Amorphous 11/13 ultra heavy feeder , Connosier cn xl in very good condition. My river days are over,sadly willing to sell.

Nooooooooo don’t say that. I obviously don’t know your circumstances but, there are some pegs on the dyke that you can park your car behind you. Pretty hot feeder pegs also.

Dropon

Nooooooooo don’t say that. I obviously don’t know your circumstances but, there are some pegs on the dyke that you can park your car behind you. Pretty hot feeder pegs also.
I know the dyke pretty well, I live in Newark,but sadly age catches up with you.I am now 75 and although I still have a Newark Fed book I have not fished there for well over 18 months. Sold on some river rods and reels in the last few months. Think the corny 11/13 might as well go, just not going to get used.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I know the dyke pretty well, I live in Newark,but sadly age catches up with you.I am now 75 and although I still have a Newark Fed book I have not fished there for well over 18 months. Sold on some river rods and reels in the last few months. Think the corny 11/13 might as well go, just not going to get used.

Yeah. I saw from your forum settings that you were from Newark. I loved the dyke back in the day. I can’t remember the peg numbers now but, if you drew opposite the scrapyard you were virtually guaranteed a brown envelope. We used to bounce our feeders off the concrete wall that’s how close you had to be to get a bite from a chub. Alas it was extremely snaggy and anglers thought nothing of losing 10 to 20 feeders in a five hour match. In autumn I’ve had some lovely roach catches on hemp and tares. Beautiful part of the river is the dyke. Sorry to hear it’s getting too much for you though pal. Shame is that as I guess you’ve had some great catches from the dyke. 👍

Dropon

Yeah. I saw from your forum settings that you were from Newark. I loved the dyke back in the day. I can’t remember the peg numbers now but, if you drew opposite the scrapyard you were virtually guaranteed a brown envelope. We used to bounce our feeders off the concrete wall that’s how close you had to be to get a bite from a chub. Alas it was extremely snaggy and anglers thought nothing of losing 10 to 20 feeders in a five hour match. In autumn I’ve had some lovely roach catches on hemp and tares. Beautiful part of the river is the dyke. Sorry to hear it’s getting too much for you though pal. Shame is that as I guess you’ve had some great catches from the dyke. 👍
That would be the Red Bridge section, ( there is no RedBridge) , the scrapyard is now gone, always seemed a bit more colour in that part of dyke, perhaps the weir upstream of town lock or the movement through the locks. Bit dodgy down there on your own nowadays , druggies and pissheads , shame. All the best Dave.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
That would be the Red Bridge section, ( there is no RedBridge) , the scrapyard is now gone, always seemed a bit more colour in that part of dyke, perhaps the weir upstream of town lock or the movement through the locks. Bit dodgy down there on your own nowadays , druggies and pissheads , shame. All the best Dave.

Wow. Oh dear. I never thought of that. What a shame. Take care fella. 👍

ravey

Hi Ravey ... I've not come across the QT version of the whisker kevlar ... is it a stillwater version like in the Amorphous range? I've got three of the QTF version, the first of which I've had since just after the Div 3 national on the Trent in 1989 (borrowed "Bag Up"s for the match itself after drawing at Hoveringham).
In your opinion is there much difference between the QTF and the Amorphous?
The QT was the earlier version, and came with gold coloured ‘Dynaflo’ type quides. The Whisker Kevlar is just about the same in terms of power as the Amorphous heavy, by my reckoning. The Amorphous was divided into heavy and Stillwater models, as the Kevlar was a bit fierce to be a serious Stillwater tool.

frankg

Site Supporter
Hi Rick.

I have ….. errrrr …… numerous Daiwa 11 / 13” Amorphous ultra heavy feeder rods. In fact you’ve shocked me as I thought I owned them all. 🤣. Yes, originally the rod did only come with two tips. The orange / red tip is the stronger of the two at approximately 4oz and the yellow is a tad lighter at approximately 2 - 2.5oz. Tips weren’t marked up in ounces generally in the 80’s when these rods were made. You’ve a fantastic rod there pal. Enjoy it. 👍
You haven’t got them all, coz I’ve got one too…in perfect condition 😁👍

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
You'll forget how to use 'em!:p......Have you been out fishing at all lately?:unsure:

Yesterday with our man Nicky Dodds. We had a few hours on the Aire & Calder canal at a place called Whitley. Lots of bites but, the fish were small. I had 6lb odd 🤷‍♂️ Nicky got a couple of decent roach on tares but, generally the stamp of fish was down on a week prior. I enjoyed it though. Nice to see the float going under. And no, it wasn’t one of Warrington’s Drennan ‘ Guzzunders ‘ I was using. 🤣🤣

Total

Site Supporter
Yesterday with our man Nicky Dodds. We had a few hours on the Aire & Calder canal at a place called Whitley. Lots of bites but, the fish were small. I had 6lb odd 🤷‍♂️ Nicky got a couple of decent roach on tares but, generally the stamp of fish was down on a week prior. I enjoyed it though. Nice to see the float going under. And no, it wasn’t one of Warrington’s Drennan ‘ Guzzunders ‘ I was using. 🤣🤣
Lots of 3 ouncers about then?:unsure:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Lots of 3 ouncers about then?:unsure:

3oz would have been a bonus fish Mark. Lots of ‘ pair of eyes ‘. A week earlier Nicky had had some lovely red fins. They’ve obviously moved. I didn’t bother with my counter but, I reckon I’d near on 70 fish. 🙄. Oh well, back to the drawing board. We’ll no doubt try a stretch further towards Knottingley, Pontefract as the temperature drops. I did enjoy it though. Good company helps. 👍 Fingers crossed.

And before you ask …. Yes, my peg did look like a bomb had gone off. I even said to Nicky … “ Mark would have something to say if he saw my gear strewn out all over the place “. 🤣🤣. Nicky is like Chefster. All his gear neatly laid out exactly where it should be. Even his maggots stay in a line. 🤣🤣

Total

Site Supporter
3oz would have been a bonus fish Mark. Lots of ‘ pair of eyes ‘. A week earlier Nicky had had some lovely red fins. They’ve obviously moved. I didn’t bother with my counter but, I reckon I’d near on 70 fish. 🙄. Oh well, back to the drawing board. We’ll no doubt try a stretch further towards Knottingley, Pontefract as the temperature drops. I did enjoy it though. Good company helps. 👍 Fingers crossed.

And before you ask …. Yes, my peg did look like a bomb had gone off. I even said to Nicky … “ Mark would have something to say if he saw my gear strewn out all over the place “. 🤣🤣. Nicky is like Chefster. All his gear neatly laid out exactly where it should be. Even his maggots stay in a line. 🤣🤣
Ah yes, and you'll be able to use that Fjuka bait as per Mr Pickering at Knottingley!:whistle:;)

I had hoped Nicky's tidy ways would improve your normal peg bomb layout site....It seems there's still much work to do....:(

Am glad you got out the pair of you.....You both need the practice!:oops:;):ROFLMAO::devilish:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Ah yes, and you'll be able to use that Fjuka bait as per Mr Pickering at Knottingley!:whistle:;)

I had hoped Nicky's tidy ways would improve your normal peg bomb layout site....It seems there's still much work to do....:(

Am glad you got out the pair of you.....You both need the practice!:oops:;):ROFLMAO::devilish:

Was gonna take a pic for you Mark but, my wide angle camera lens wasn’t wide enough to get all my gear in. 🤣🤣. Passersby were catching the bus at Nicky’s peg and getting dropped off a peg down from me. 🤣🤣

Total

Site Supporter
Was gonna take a pic for you Mark but, my wide angle camera lens wasn’t wide enough to get all my gear in. 🤣🤣. Passersby were catching the bus at Nicky’s peg and getting dropped off a peg down from me. 🤣🤣
Canal started to go very clear yet?