Daiwa 11/13 Amorphous ultra heavy feeder rod

Rickb

Anybody know of any makes of quiver tip that fit the above rod, rod has green whipping.
found the rod out after many years not using it, got two tips with it which are unmarked as in what ounce, one orange one yellow no idea if these are all that came with it

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Anybody know of any makes of quiver tip that fit the above rod, rod has green whipping.
found the rod out after many years not using it, got two tips with it which are unmarked as in what ounce, one orange one yellow no idea if these are all that came with it

Hi Rick.

I have ….. errrrr …… numerous Daiwa 11 / 13” Amorphous ultra heavy feeder rods. In fact you’ve shocked me as I thought I owned them all. 🤣. Yes, originally the rod did only come with two tips. The orange / red tip is the stronger of the two at approximately 4oz and the yellow is a tad lighter at approximately 2 - 2.5oz. Tips weren’t marked up in ounces generally in the 80’s when these rods were made. You’ve a fantastic rod there pal. Enjoy it. 👍

Simon R

Site Supporter
The standard Drennan tips should fit - certainly on most of the older Daiwa and Drennan tip rods they are interchangeable

More recently Daiwa have changed the diameters of their tips but yours, being an older rod should be OK
It's a bewildering array

Certainly the Drennan tips should fit (usually cheaper too) - all bar the Acolyte ones which are considerably thinner - although the Acolyte Distance tips fit.

For many years Daiwa didn't actually state the test curve of their quivertips - simply using the system of white tips being the softest, yellow medium and red stiff - the lightest tips having Fuji rings and the heavier unlined hard chrome.

Simon

Rickb

Yes your right the orangy one is the heavier tip, thanks for the info appreciated.
just sold a 12.5ft Castizm thinking it would be a good rod for the Severn but it was rubbish, so back to old school rods i think, while going through the rods i also found a 3 piece 11.5ft Normark fast feeder which also feels nice oh and a Daiwa porky pig 12.5 ft

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
As per other responses ... if Original, the yellow will be a glass tip ... with the heavier (red/orange) one being carbon.
The yellow one would be spot on for a low river Severn, with the red for a higher river.

Rickb

il try and find somewhere that has some tips in maybe mal story He used to hold a few in stock, but if the two i have are the two it came with i should be ok.
cheers both

tipitinmick

Site Supporter

Rickb

He maybe better taking the top section to the tackle shop and fitting various tips to it and seeing for himself as some ‘ aftermarket ‘ tips make a right mess of the action of these rods. 👍
Agreed, makes them way too tippy, i do need to take the rod and try, but as said if it came with the two i have then that should do as they dont have any problems with them

Total

Site Supporter
He maybe better taking the top section to the tackle shop and fitting various tips to it and seeing for himself as some ‘ aftermarket ‘ tips make a right mess of the action of these rods. 👍
There is a certain amount of truth in what you mention above....(y).....I must have bought approaching 50 spare Drennan quivertips over the years (Not all for me!:giggle:) and only ONE of them was slightly undersized!;):love:.....I repaired this with some carbon spray to build it up.....As regards the 'action' I can't say I've ever noticed mate, but I would never disrespect your advice....;)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Agreed, makes them way too tippy, i do need to take the rod and try, but as said if it came with the two i have then that should do as they dont have any problems with them

They are a brilliant rod straight off the shelf mate. If you have the original tips then you are good to go. The orange tip I use for barbel and the yellow I use for river bream and skimmers. For peace of mind …… I’ve not broken one of these tips. You’d have to be mega clumsy. Get it used and enjoy it. That porky pig was another great Trent feeder rod back in its day. I remember winning a Trent winter league match on Newark dyke with my one. Catching chub from the scrapyard stretch. Another good old skool rod. 👍

Total

Site Supporter
Hi Rick.

I have ….. errrrr …… numerous Daiwa 11 / 13” Amorphous ultra heavy feeder rods. In fact you’ve shocked me as I thought I owned them all. 🤣. Yes, originally the rod did only come with two tips. The orange / red tip is the stronger of the two at approximately 4oz and the yellow is a tad lighter at approximately 2 - 2.5oz. Tips weren’t marked up in ounces generally in the 80’s when these rods were made. You’ve a fantastic rod there pal. Enjoy it. 👍
^^ Not just got numerous of them rods either eh?:oops:....You're rather partial to a 10 foot carbonactive feeder rod aren't you Mr Shipp?:unsure::whistle::ROFLMAO:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
There is a certain amount of truth in what you mention above....(y).....I must have bought approaching 50 spare Drennan quivertips over the years (Not all for me!:giggle:) and only ONE of them was slightly undersized!;):love:.....I repaired this with some carbon spray to build it up.....As regards the 'action' I can't say I've ever noticed mate, but I would never disrespect your advice....;)

As you know there’s quite a few 3.5’s on the market and some come under and some come over sized. It’s the action / flat spots I’m thinking of Mark. My dad made the mistake of buying what he thought was a bargain tip for his off a certain auction site. It fitted perfectly but, you wanna see the action and how it made the rod feel. 🤮. What’s more worrying to me is …… there’s folk out there with MY rods. How dare they. How very dare they. 🤣🤣🤣

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
^^ Not just got numerous of them rods either eh?:oops:....You're rather partial to a 10 foot carbonactive feeder rod aren't you Mr Shipp?:unsure::whistle::ROFLMAO:

Shush you. My missus might read that. Go sit on the naughty step. Peter, Peter. …… Mark is not playing nicely. 🤣🤣

ravey

I think some of the Maver tips fit, but as suggested by others, it would be wise to take your carrier section to verify. My own opinion is that of the two tips that come as standard with the ‘heavy’ version, only the carbon one matches the carrier section. To be fair, the rod performs great dor long range fishing with heavier feeders, and it was for this that I originally bought the rod. I have other versions of it - the Whisker Kevlar (WKL 1113 QT and WKL 1113 QTF), and the Lightning (LCL 1113 QT). For anything remotely less demanding, I use other rods better suited to the glass tips, as the carrier sections use a blend of materials better suited to their use. I’m a bit fussy about how the tip blends/transfers into the blank, you might have guessed!